Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GailinFla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Withdrawing from 401K Plan
    I have heard that with the new laws from the Penion Protection Act of 2006, I can withdraw some of my money and rollover to into an IRA with no separation of service? Is this true?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 09:55 AM
    I believe that, under certain circumstances, you can roll over a portion of your 401K to an IRA without separation of service.

Contact your 401K custodian. They should be fully informed on all of the details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My new employer has no 401k plan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I hope this question is relevant for this forum. I got laid off from my employer in Aug, where we had a 401k plan, in which I have put in less than the annual IRS limit of $14k. Let's say I only put in $9k. My new employer does not have a 401k yet. So is there anyway I can still put...

Withdrawing my 401k--how do I go about paing penalties? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of pulling my 401k. I need the money to pay off medical bills from before I had medical insurance. I have to pay 10% penalty plus Federal and state taxes which add up to like 42%.. Anyway, I have no choice at this time... My question is: what is the best way to go...

401K plan withdawing by foreign [ 3 Answers ]

Dears, I worked in USA from 2000 to 2002 under the L-1 VISA for my current employer, that I am going to leave, so appears that now I am entitled to withdraw all my money from my 401K plan. Since January 2003 I live in my original country (Italy). Looking in this forum, it looks like that if I...

How to get interest from 401K plan if under 59? [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone aware of a way to use the interest from a 401K plan for a person Not of retirement age? I currently lost my job, and I was wondering if there is a way to directly get Access to the interest that the 401K plan is earning, or if it possible to Transfer the 401K money to another...

Withdrawing off my 401k? [ 2 Answers ]

First... I have 2 different 401ks. Should I roll these together before I withdraw or withdraw them separate? Second... how to I go about getting started? Is it paper work? If it is where to I get this paperwork? Anyone might be able to help... much appreciated. Thanks Steve

View more questions Search