Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjcurtis1731 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Can my mom kick my husband out of her house?
    Me and my husband are young and married and we live with my mom until she kicked him out. He has been with us for 2 years and he has been trying to find a job that will take him in to help pay for stuff. My mom owns the house and she threw his stuff on the sidewalk in bags. Is she allowed to do that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtis1731 View Post
    Me and my husband are young and married and we live with my mom until she kicked him out. He has been with us for 2 years and he has been trying to find a job that will take him in to help pay for stuff. My mom owns the house and she threw his stuff on the sidewalk in bags. Is she allowed to do that?

In theory she has to evict him according to State law.

He's been with "us"? I thought it was your mother's house.

No, she's not allowed to do that. Did he get "thrown out" for a reason?

Jul 31, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    In theory she has to evict him according to State law.

He's been with "us"? I thought it was your mother's house.

No, she's not allowed to do that. Did he get "thrown out" for a reason?
    It is my mothers house but I am only a teenager. And she said to me that she kicked him out because he won't help with anything when he is trying to find a job that will take him to help my mom out but she has other people living with her doing the same thing that my husband was doing and she hasn't kicked them out
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 01:51 PM
    it is my mothers house but i am only a teenager. And she said to me that she kicked him out because he wont help with anything when he is trying to find a job that will take him to help my mom out but she has other people living with her doing the same thing that my husband was doing and she hasnt kicked them out
    It's her house so she gets to make the rules.

She needs to evict him according to law. I don't know that it's worth arguing the law with her or you will also find yourself out of the house.

Who supports the two of you? Do you work?

Jul 31, 2012, 01:53 PM
    It's her house so she gets to make the rules.

She needs to evict him according to law. I don't know that it's worth arguing the law with her or you will also find yourself out of the house.

Who supports the two of you? Do you work?
    My mom supports us both because I am having a hard time looking for a job because of my age. And its hard for him to get a job for other reasons.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 01:55 PM
    my mom supports us both because i am having a hard time looking for a job because of my age. And its hard for him to get a job for other reasons.

Again, bad enough she has to support you, her daughter. Now she has to support both you and your husband. I can understand her concern.

But, again, she needs to evict him. Where is he living now?

I'm almost afraid to ask this but how old are you and how long have you been married?

Jul 31, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Again, bad enough she has to support you, her daughter. Now she has to support both you and your husband. I can understand her concern.

But, again, she needs to evict him. Where is he living now?

I'm almost afraid to ask this but how old are you and how long have you been married?
    He is staying with a friend at the moment and I am 17 almost 18 and we have been married for a year and 2 months
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 02:03 PM
    So you were 16 when you were married. Just out of curiosity, which state or country are you in? I assume you had parental consent to marry? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriag...#North_America

Jul 31, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    So you were 16 when you were married. Just out of curiosity, which state or country are you in?
    Yes I was 16 when I got married and I am in Ohio
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 02:20 PM
    yes i was 16 when i got married and i am in ohio
    Did your mom or dad give you consent to get married at 16? Written consent, not verbal.

Jul 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Did your mom or dad give you consent to get married at 16? Written consent, not verbal.
    My mom and dad are divorce and since my mom has full custody my mom signed the papers saying that we are allowed to get married because he was 18
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 02:23 PM

Now I'm going to change direction. Seems to me that when you allow/sign for your 16-year old to get married there is some level of expectation that you, the parent, will be at least part of the support. On the other hand - for how long?

I think this is sad. Every McDonalds, Burger King, fast food "restaurant" in my area is looking for help. I'm not saying it's a good paying job. I'm saying it's a job.

Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Now I'm going to change direction. Seems to me that when you allow/sign for your 16-year old to get married there is some level of expectation that you, the parent, will be at least part of the support. On the other hand - for how long?

I think this is sad. Every McDonalds, Burger King, fast food "restaurant" in my area is looking for help. I'm not saying it's a good paying job. I'm saying it's a job.
    Yeah I mean I am looking and looking and some places won't take me until I am 18
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 02:27 PM

I agree. I don't know what mom was thinking, or if she was. I can say I never would have agreed to let my child get married at 16. If I did, they wouldn't be living under my roof eating the food I provide.

But, she did allow this, and obviously accepted that by allowing this she'd have one more mouth to feed. Having said that, she doesn't have to support the husband. She can kick him out. But she does have to do it legally. News flash, she can kick you out too.

I do have to ask. Why did you get married so young? Obviously you can't support yourselves. You're not adults. So why? Did you just want to play house? If so, get your own house!
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 02:28 PM
    yeah i mean i am looking and looking and some places wont take me until i am 18
    Most retail and fast food places hire from 14 and older. You're 17. Have you applied at McDonalds? Has your husband?

Jul 31, 2012, 02:32 PM
    I agree. I don't know what mom was thinking, or if she was. I can say I never would have agreed to let my child get married at 16. If I did, they wouldn't be living under my roof eating the food I provide.

But, she did allow this, and obviously accepted that by allowing this she'd have one more mouth to feed. Having said that, she doesn't have to support the husband. She can kick him out. But she does have to do it legally. News flash, she can kick you out too.

I do have to ask. Why did you get married so young? Obviously you can't support yourselves. You're not adults. So why? Did you just want to play house? If so, get your own house!
    Yeah I know she can kick me out to but she won't. We got married because I was pergnant at the time before I lost it and my mom was willing to take us in because none of us had jobs to support ourselves yet and every where we look for a job no one will hire us. We have tried all kinds of fast food places.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 02:33 PM

You summed it up - I know there are exceptions but I wouldn't want my daughter to limit her life at age 16 in this fashion.

Sigh -
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
    yeah i know she can kick me out to but she wont. we got married because i was pergnant at the time before i lost it and my mom was willing to take us in because none of us had jobs to support our selfs yet and every where we look for a job noone will hire us. we have tried all kinds of fast food places.
    How many applications do you fill out every day? How many resumes do you hand out every day? When you're looking for work that's your job. You should be getting up at 7am, showered, dressed and out the door by 8:30. From 8:30am- 4:30pm, you should be handing out resumes and filling out applications. You should be going to the job board, the unemployment office (most times they have listings of jobs that are available).

Are you doing that? Be honest.

What time did you leave your house this morning to start handing out applications and resumes? When did you get back?

Jul 31, 2012, 02:40 PM
    How many applications do you fill out every day? How many resumes do you hand out every day? When you're looking for work that's your job. You should be getting up at 7am, showered, dressed and out the door by 8:30. From 8:30am- 4:30pm, you should be handing out resumes and filling out applications. You should be going to the job board, the unemployment office (most times they have listings of jobs that are available).

Are you doing that? Be honest.

What time did you leave your house this morning to start handing out applications and resumes? When did you get back?
    Its really hard for me to do all of that when my mom works and I can't drive yet. I put in like 20 applications in a day and I still get nothing back from anything and when my mom gets hoome she is to tried to take me and get applications from places.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 02:51 PM
    its really hard for me to do all of that when my mom works and i can't drive yet. i put in like 20 applications in a day and i still get nothing back from anything and when my mom gets hoome she is to tried to take me and get applications from places.

I find it difficult to believe you put in 100 applications a week.

I do believe you are sincere. I'm just not too sure you are being totally honest and/or realistic.

And while you are going door to door what is your husband doing?

Also - I honestly am sorry that you lost your baby. That's a death, a loss. Women who haven't experienced the loss don't necessarily understand it. I really am sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mom kick her 12 year old son out of the house just because he did listen [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got kick out of his house because he did not listen to her and threatened him that if he set a foot in her yard she would call the cops is that legal

How to kick my wife out if my mom owns the house [ 1 Answers ]

My wife cheated on me and she said it was over with the other man but they still text to each other I told her it's done.That she needs to leave the house but she won't I don't know if I can kick her out legally.My mom owns the house we stay in so I don't know if that helps me.

Can my husband kick me out of house? [ 4 Answers ]

We have been married almost 13 years, we bought .com house 5 yrs ago,but its in his fathers name... so we pay him mortgage,taxes, HOA fees, and insurance... I have 2 children,and have been a stay at home mother most of the time, I started medical assistant school and now only have 2 months of my...

Can my mom kick my husband out of our house? [ 4 Answers ]

I have only been married for five months. My husband doesn't have his green card. We live with my mom and my kids(not his). The house is legally in my name but my mom finically helped me buy the house and helps pay the bills. Can she kick my husband out of the house?

Can I kick my ex husband out of my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I kick my ex husband out of my house? He's not working. He's been here since December 09 out of the goodness of my heart. I've given him plenty of time to find a job, get his own place. Yet he is still here. I want him out. In June 2011 I gave him 5 months to vacant the premises. So he has...

View more questions Search