Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjcurtis1731 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I find it difficult to believe you put in 100 applications a week.

I do believe you are sincere. I'm just not too sure you are being totally honest and/or realistic.

And while you are going door to door what is your husband doing?

Also - I honestly am sorry that you lost your baby. That's a death, a loss. Women who haven't experienced the loss don't necessarily understand it. I really am sorry.
    Thank you and what my husband is doing is out finding a job also he has a friend he has been staying with taking him out and finding jobs.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtis1731 View Post
    thank you and what my husband is doing is out finding a job also he has a friend he has been staying with taking him out and finding jobs.

I wish you luck - sounds like it's been traumatic and you are both trying to survive.

Can you talk to your mother, calmly and rationally? Is she angry with your husband because of the pregnancy and this is her chance to blow off steam?

You know, this happens to me every now and then. Your thread, your question, really has touched me. This is one of those questions where I swear if we were face to face I'd hug you and tell you it's going to be all right. I don't know why sometimes I just feel the pain.

Jul 31, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Thank you so much and I will try and talk to my mom and I hope that she will let him move back in if not then I guess I am staying with him until we can find a place of out own. Thank you so much for helping me out.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
    thank you so much and i will try and talk to my mom and i hope that she will let him move back in if not then i guess i am staying with him until we can find a place of out own. thank you so much for helping me out.

Keep us posted, okay? Give your Mom a chance to understand, calm down.

Throwing his stuff out the door makes me think she lost it -

But keep me informed, please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Perhaps this will help motivate him to get a job. Sorry in a couple of years there is no excuse, at some job.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
    thank you so much and i will try and talk to my mom and i hope that she will let him move back in if not then i guess i am staying with him until we can find a place of out own. thank you so much for helping me out.

And I will add - I have a niece I love dearly. She is part daughter, part friend, part inspiration. She got pregnant at 16, got married, had the baby, had a second baby in one year (exactly), went back to school, got her GED, got admitted to a local Community College, turned that into a College degree, worked in fast food restaurants and cleaned houses and she and her husband did what they could do so she could get her degree and raise her kids.

Her boys have never been in trouble (both of them are big time jocks), one just got married, she is absolute proof that you can meet the love of your life at 14, have a baby, get married (not exactly in that order) and be happy - which is more important than "successful," whatever that word means.

She's a good person, kind, giving. Her mother washed her hands of her when she found out she was pregnant (every family seems to have one of those people) and she lived with me for a while.

She and her mother have remained estranged over all these years - and that's a shame because her mother, my sister, will never, ever know what a fine person she is.

So, yes, you can work it all out.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 03:34 PM
    its really hard for me to do all of that when my mom works and i can't drive yet. i put in like 20 applications in a day and i still get nothing back from anything and when my mom gets hoome she is to tried to take me and get applications from places.
    Question. Why are you applying to places that you obviously can't get to once you get the job? If you can't get yourself there to fill out an application, or drop of a resume, and your mom is too busy to drive you, then how are you planning on getting to work if you get the job?

Makes no sense.

Jul 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
    And I will add - I have a niece I love dearly. She is part daughter, part friend, part inspiration. She got pregnant at 16, got married, had the baby, had a second baby in one year (exactly), went back to school, got her GED, got admitted to a local Community College, turned that into a College degree, worked in fast food restaurants and cleaned houses and she and her husband did what they could do so she could get her degree and raise her kids.

Her boys have never been in trouble (both of them are big time jocks), one just got married, she is absolute proof that you can meet the love of your life at 14, have a baby, get married (not exactly in that order) and be happy - which is more important than "successful," whatever that word means.

She's a good person, kind, giving. Her mother washed her hands of her when she found out she was pregnant (every family seems to have one of those people) and she lived with me for a while.

She and her mother have remained estranged over all these years - and that's a shame because her mother, my sister, will never, ever know what a fine person she is.

So, yes, you can work it all out.
    I will surely keep you updated and thank you so much for all of this. And I do hope that everything will work out with my family and my husband

Jul 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Question. Why are you applying to places that you obviously can't get to once you get the job? If you can't get yourself there to fill out an application, or drop of a resume, and your mom is too busy to drive you, then how are you planning on getting to work if you get the job?

Makes no sense.
    I am appling to jobs that I can walk to in my town
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 03:42 PM
    i will surely keep you updated and thank you so much for all of this. and i do hope that everything will work out with my family and my husband

You'll be okay - stay strong and focused. (By the way, you express yourself remarkably well for your age. Do you write, maybe a blog, diary, short stories, poems? You wouldn't believe what gets posted here, so your posts stand out.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 03:44 PM
    i am appling to jobs that i can walk to in my town
    Then why do you have to wait for your mom to come home and take you out to drop off resumes and applications?

Jul 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
    You'll be okay - stay strong and focused. (By the way, you express yourself remarkably well for your age. Do you write, maybe a blog, diary, short stories, poems? You wouldn't believe what gets posted here, so your posts stand out.)
    Thank you and I don't
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Having read through this thread, I'm on a fence here. Where were you when mom was throwing his clothes? Why didn't you pack your things and tell her if he goes you go?

Why didn't he call the police? It was illegal for her to throw him out like that.

On the other hand, this is your mother who took you in, when you foolishly let yourself get pregnant.

Are you finishing school? Did he?
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Having read through this thread, I'm on a fence here. Where were you when mom was throwing his clothes? Why didn't you pack your things and tell her if he goes you go?

Why didn't he call the police? It was illegal for her to throw him out like that.

On the other hand, this is your mother who took you in, when you foolishly let yourself get pregnant.

Are you finishing school? Did he?

Am I allowed to guess? I started judging this entire situation. Then I decided (based on nothing but very often faulty intuition) that OP got pregnant young, she and boyfriend did the "right thing" and got married (which often ends up to be the wrong thing), she and her husband move in with her mother who is not terribly happy with either her OR or husband, she ultimately miscarried (which is devastating, been there, done that, it's a death), suddenly there is no reason for the marriage and mother is paying for the adventure, mother watches the son-in-law not working, I will guess both husband and wife have dropped out of school, mother sees her daughter's future floating away and loses it.

I think the OP is caught in a trap of her own making.

We all preach about premarital sex, careless sex, nothing is 100% safe. Threads like this should be required reading.

But - no one listens.

At any rate for whatever reason I feel a great deal of empathy for this girl.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Yep, those were my initial guess as well. Most of which seems to have been borne out. I agree, I feel sorry for the OP, but we need more info to help her.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2012, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Yep, those were my initial guess as well. Most of which seems to have been borne out. I agree, I feel sorry for the OP, but we need more info to help her.

Agreed (aren't you glad I didn't MAJOR in Psychology?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mom kick her 12 year old son out of the house just because he did listen [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got kick out of his house because he did not listen to her and threatened him that if he set a foot in her yard she would call the cops is that legal

How to kick my wife out if my mom owns the house [ 1 Answers ]

My wife cheated on me and she said it was over with the other man but they still text to each other I told her it's done.That she needs to leave the house but she won't I don't know if I can kick her out legally.My mom owns the house we stay in so I don't know if that helps me.

Can my husband kick me out of house? [ 4 Answers ]

We have been married almost 13 years, we bought .com house 5 yrs ago,but its in his fathers name... so we pay him mortgage,taxes, HOA fees, and insurance... I have 2 children,and have been a stay at home mother most of the time, I started medical assistant school and now only have 2 months of my...

Can my mom kick my husband out of our house? [ 4 Answers ]

I have only been married for five months. My husband doesn't have his green card. We live with my mom and my kids(not his). The house is legally in my name but my mom finically helped me buy the house and helps pay the bills. Can she kick my husband out of the house?

Can I kick my ex husband out of my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I kick my ex husband out of my house? He's not working. He's been here since December 09 out of the goodness of my heart. I've given him plenty of time to find a job, get his own place. Yet he is still here. I want him out. In June 2011 I gave him 5 months to vacant the premises. So he has...

View more questions Search