Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuke31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Child support termination ny
    Iam a noncustodial parent whose child has turned 18 and has come to live with me by choice. He has stated that he does not want to live with his other parent. CanI have the support order terminated
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kuke31 View Post
    Iam a noncustodial parent whose child has turned 18 and has come to live with me by choice. He has stated that he does not want to live with his other parent. CanI have the support order terminated
    What does the Order say about support? 18? Finished College? Something else? (I'm also in NY)

Go to Court and get the Order changed because of changed circumstances - he lives with you and he's an adult, able to make the choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termination of Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know, when my daughter turns 18 and she is finished with high school and I don't owe any back child support, can the child support be terminated when she turns 18? Or, do I have to continue to pay child support while she is in college, if she goes.

Child support termination [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. My stepson just turned 18. The child support ordered is being terminated because his mom did not turn in proper documentation that he is in school. We have just been told that if she now turns in proper documents my husband will owe back support. Is this correct? He was told the best thing to...

Child Support Termination [ 1 Answers ]

Support ends in Louisiana at what age.

Termination of child support [ 10 Answers ]

I have 3 children. One is 21 and in the Air Force, one is 18 and just graduated high school, and the youngest is 17 and will graduate next year. My ex wife contends that when suport was ordered, that it must remain in effect until ALL 3 graduate and or turn 18. My support was entered as 250 a...

Child support termination [ 6 Answers ]

In 1998 my ex-wife divorced me. I was never served with divorce papers but my signature appears on the service form. Obviously this was forged. In the divorce I have been ordered to pay child support. I found out about the divorce when I received a garnishment letter in the mail from the...

View more questions Search