Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Windows 7 update failed
    Using Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.
    Security Update for Windows (KB2719985) fails every time.

This update is not getting installed every time it gets error.

Tried lot of alternatives downloaded that patch from Microsoft website & tried to installed but till not working.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 31, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Do you have Admin privliges when you are installing it? You might need that inorder for it to work. You can right click on update and choose run as admin.
    dell_ratish_c Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Hi,

My name is Rathish and I am working with Dell Social Media Team.
    You have mentioned in the post that one of the security update failed and it's always giving an error saying update not installed.
    We can try and run Microsoft fix it and we can check if that fixes the issue.
    To run Microsoft fixit. Please click on the link below.

Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

In enter keyword box. Please type windows update and click on run now.

If this doesn't work. Then as suggested by califdadof3. Please right click and run as administrator and check if that fixes it.

For further assistance please reply me. So that I can help you further

Thanks & Regards,
    Dell_Ratish_C
    Dell Social Media Responder
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
    Twitter
    Videos from Dell - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I get update failed - general error on my avg free 2011 win xp pro PC? [ 10 Answers ]

When I try to update manually, I often get this warning. Otherwise the machine runs well. I wonder if it has something to do with my ZONE ALARM FREE firewall that I also have running along with Win XP Pro. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Itry many times to update IDT Audio but every time get failed [ 0 Answers ]

I cannot update IDT Audio sound system on my PC. Why ?

Update KB968389 - failed again Vista on Laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Even after attempting to update without using updates. I have tried installing just by individual download, and goes through process but on restart says updates failed and reverting to previous. Then the same sorry process starts again. Any suggestions?

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Avira antivir Update connection failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I can't able to connect update. Whenever I update that time shows update failed. How cani connect to avira antivir auto update. Pl help me.. here I post my report 03.01.2009 08:29:01 - Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\ 03.01.2009...

View more questions Search