Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpme4421 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
    ETG testing
    I am female about 130 pounds I eat healthy and work out regularly, water is about the only thing I ever and I also urinate very often.

I drank starting at about 12:00 pm until about 5:00 pm on Sunday, I worked out that following Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I drank water regularly and also have a bladder infection so I was urinating very often. I drank a lot of water & ran 2 miles Thursday and then took an ETG at 9:00 am that Friday. Drank a bottle of water before and ate a few nuts and blueberries. Will I pass? I haven't heard back yet. My urine was very very diluted.

Jul 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme4421 View Post
    I am female about 130 pounds I eat healthy and work out regularly, water is about the only thing I ever and I also urinate very often.

I drank starting at about 12:00 pm until about 5:00 pm on Sunday, I worked out that following week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Drink water regularly and also have a bladder infection so I was urinating very often. I drank a lot of water Thursday and took an ETG at 9:00 that Friday. Drank a bottle of water before and ate a few nuts and blueberries. Will I pass? I haven't heard back yet. My urine was very very diluted.
    I had drank about 9-10 beers in the five hour time span
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:15 AM
    EtG was no longer present in your system at that time span. What else were you tested for.

Jul 31, 2012, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    EtG was no longer present in your system at that time span. What else were you tested for.
    I was only tested for alcoholc and drugs, but I do not do any kind of drugs so I am definitely clear on that. The closest I was to drugs is the antibiotic I was on for the bladder infection, and the girl working at the testing center said that would not show up as drugs. I clear of drugs. Thank you for you reply!
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 08:13 AM
    I was only tested for alcoholc and drugs, but I do not do any kind of drugs so I am definitely clear on that. The closest I was to drugs is the antibiotic I was on for the bladder infection, and the girl working at the testing center said that would not show up as drugs. I clear of drugs. Thank you for you reply!!
    My purpose for inquiring was related to the bladder infection. Such infections can lead to the presence of alcohol in urine via fermentation even when no alcohol is consumed. The condition should have been noted on the lab requisition form that is forwarded.

Jul 31, 2012, 08:29 AM
    My purpose for inquiring was related to the bladder infection. Such infections can lead to the presence of alcohol in urine via fermentation even when no alcohol is consumed. The condition should have been noted on the lab requisition form that is forwarded.
    I did tell the girl working that I had a bladder infection and was on antibiotics but I do not think she made any note of it. Very worried now! I took the test Friday morning, I don't know if where they sent it is open sat through sun, but when do you think I'll know results?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I did tell the girl working that I had a bladder infection and was on antibiotics but I do not think she made any note of it. Very worried now! I took the test Friday morning, I don't know if where they sent it is open sat thru sun, but when do you think I'll know results?
    Lab turn-around time is 24-72 hours but that does not consider shipping or administrative handling of the report once it is returned to testing agent.

It is also a major mistake not to note the antibiotics. Where was the collection conducted?

Jul 31, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Lab turn-around time is 24-72 hours but that does not consider shipping or administrative handling of the report once it is returned to testing agent.

It is also a major mistake not to note the antibiotics. Where was the collection conducted?
    ADAM testing center in East Lansing, Michigan.

Jul 31, 2012, 08:57 AM
    The antibiotic is called ciprofloxacin

Jul 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
    The antibiotic is called ciprofloxacin
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 10:29 AM
    U of Illinois, College of Pharmacy lists ciprofloxacin as possibly interfering with opiate panels on some immunoassays and causing a false positive. There is a wide variance in these drug panels from one manufacturer to another so a false positive is only possible and not preordained.

That is why it is so important for the collection point to note all medications including OTC. They very seldom do even when specifically advised as in your case.

Link to U of I, See Table 3

Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 AM
    U of Illinois, College of Pharmacy lists ciprofloxacin as possibly interfering with opiate panels on some immunoassays and causing a false positive. There is a wide variance in these drug panels from one manufacturer to another so a false positive is only possible and not preordained.

That is why it is so important for the collection point to note all medications including OTC. They very seldom do even when specifically advised as in your case.

Link to U of I, See Table 3
    So it would show up as a false positive of drugs or alcohol?

Should I call and let them and/or my PO know? Freaking out!
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 12:17 PM
    The bladder infection is a known cause for fermentation of alcohol. The prescription drug has in the past caused a false positive for opiates. False positives only exist at the screening level. If the test is properly performed the confirmatory test would correct the error. In many cases confirmation is not performed however.

As far as the possibility of a positive for alcohol, that cannot be cleared up by confirmation as the alcohol is exactly the same as if you drank it.

I can't advise you what action to take. If you contact anyone please print out the information as provided so you can direct them to an authoritative source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG testing [ 3 Answers ]

Does the 80 hours start after you finished your last drink or when you are able to blow 000's?

EtG testing [ 8 Answers ]

If I drink tonight Thursday 1/22 and the court decides to send it out for EtG on Monday 1/26 will I pass?

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search