Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amandamac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Freelance Typing
    I want to earn extra money by providing my typing skills. How do I go about starting this up in my area ?:rolleyes:
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 08:45 AM
    There isn't much call for typed papers anymore, but you could post ads at local high schools, colleges to offer your services at a price per page. I think most students prepare their essays on computer nowadays, though, so what with spell checks and Thesaurus' I don't imagine there will be a lot of business! I think your best bet is to take part time or contract jobs as a typist or keyboarder through an agency.

Good luck!

Didi
    Kriss196 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
    I am wondering if these ads for typing at home are scams or legit? If you know of a good company please respond with your thoughts. Scams would also be appreciated
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I believe the general rule of thumb is that IF you pay nothing for software, start up fees, etc. and it MIGHT be legit. There is a really good website I have used before called Friends in Business that has some great info on scams and is written in an easy to understand, fun manner. I think it's called Scams 101 on her home page.

Good luck!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
    My wife's friend contacted doctors offices, they always need people to transcribe from tapes, you could look into that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Medical transcription requires some knowledge of medical terms. My side business has evolved over the years. Originally I did a good amount of word processing and desktop publishing for individulas and small businesses. But as computers got less expensive and more prevalent, people where doing this themselves. This was 10-20 years ago, when a home setup including laser printer cost more than $2K. Now the cost is half that. So that market has really dried up.
    Peter Kjeldsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Well, I might be able to use your typing skill now and then. Since I'll never be even close to your location you'll have to be able to work with sound files and return fully formatted documents to me.

Let me know what you offer and what type of equipment you have etc.

Kind regards
    Peter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IT, video/photo editing freelance [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has just sold his IT company. He is still doing a little bit of IT work, but would mainly like to do editing for anyone or anything (whether it be private or business). He is self employed & would really like this business to pick up so that he will not have to seek a job & be...

Computer repair tech Freelance [ 3 Answers ]

I am considereing investing in an A+ computer repair tech course Someone told me that companies such as Gatewy use freelance contractors to service their home computer warranties and support I would want to freelance Thank You

View more questions Search