Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5147 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:07 AM
    etching by V. Carre
    Recently purchased a colored etching signed by V. Carre on the right in pencil and lower left corner says 'Varmes." This looks like an old street scene, very narrow street with old looking buildings. The size is about 6 x 9 unframed. Have read other responses. Does anyone know anything about this artist? Thanks.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Are you sure it's not Ben or Albert Carre?
    Try this www.askart.com/askart/c/ben_carre/ben_carre.aspx
    I have heard of those two but never v.carre
    Also try to Yahoo philippe vermes I have a feeling you might have spelt the name wrong, that artist I have also heard of.
    Hoped all this helped good luck in your search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info please on etching by V. Carre' [ 2 Answers ]

Just acquired a colored etching signed in pencil by V.(I think) Carre', which I am guessing is from the 30's or earlier. It is of a village scene with a windmill in the background, and in pencil just below left side is written, I believe, "Ryssord". On the back of the original frame is a sticker...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

Etching by Varin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an etching by Varin called "Wall Street 1856: It has the trademark on the right side SLZ-------------------It also has a number 8618 A. I cannot find any info on this, can you help me. Thank you Stanley

View more questions Search