Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TGIFNIGHT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Accounting - Correcting and Reversing Entries
    Funds were entered into the wrong revenue account how do I correct this. The funds were receipted into a foreign revenue account and should have been received into a USD revenue account. How do I reverse and correct this?

LiLi
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 10:18 PM
    So basically, the Journal entry you made was:
    Dr. Cash
    Cr. Foreign revenue account

The journal entry you SHOULD have made was:
    Dr. Cash
    Cr. USD revenue account

Therefore, the adjusting entry you need to make to fix this is:
    Dr. foreign revenue account
    Cr. USD revenue account

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepare correcting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The purchase of supplies on account for $550 was debited to equipment $55 and credited to accounts payable $55

Reversing entries [ 1 Answers ]

I don't understand which accounts need to be reversed at the end of a peroid. Can someone PLEASE help me? I have an exam tomorrow and it's the only part (so far) that I don't get.

Prepare correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

1. A payment on account of $ 500 to a creditor was debited to accounts payable $320 and credited to cash $320 2. the purchase of supplies on account for $550 was debited to equipment $55 and credited to accounts payable $55 3. a $300 withdrawal of cash for r. Masi's personal use was debited...

Reversing entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem that says to reversing entries by the previous year's adjusting entries. It want me to reverse Interest income $307.50 Salaries expense That give me Sales salaries $1306, Office Salaries $607 I will add them together and get $1913 for Salaries payable. Interest Expense $1,755. How...

View more questions Search