Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bef Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 05:31 PM
    I watched my dad die of cancer
    My dad had cancer for 16months and when I was 12 I went to visit my him in the hospice with my family, I stood in front of his bed and he closed his eyes and stopped breathing and then opened his eyes so wide and looked at me then died and I am now 15years old and ever since I have flash backs and nightmares and I don't know what to do about them?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
    I personally would be pleased and proud that he opened his eyes as if to say goodbye to me and look at me one last time. My dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack 600 miles away from me, so I never had a chance to say goodbye to him or see him before he died (no warning). If you think of his passing in a positive way like I suggested in my first sentence, it will be easier for you to accept his death and get past these nightmares.

Smile when you think of your dad and talk about him a lot. Do you remember all the good things about him? Tell us some of them.

Jul 30, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I personally would be pleased and proud that he opened his eyes as if to say goodbye to me and look at me one last time. My dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack 600 miles away from me, so I never had a chance to say goodbye to him or see him before he died (no warning). If you think of his passing in a positive way like I suggested in my first sentence, it will be easier for you to accept his death and get past these nightmares.

Smile when you think of your dad and talk about him a lot. Do you remember all the good things about him? Tell us some of them.

Thank you, and yeah he used to take me camping and fishing because we both loved being outside, he used to try and do anything for me because I'm the daddys girl but again thank you!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Tell me more about the camping and fishing. Any funny story?

Jul 30, 2012, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Tell me more about the camping and fishing. Any funny story?

I remember catching all the big fish when he used to get the small ones, also at camping he would make me and my brother and friends sit in a group and tell stories and that he would make us all hide and he would come and find us it was great!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Did he ever make a bonfire and you guys toasted weenies or marshmallows?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Those are wonderful memories that you can keep with you always.
    Do you have any more?

Jul 30, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Yeah I have loads, he used to take and help me with dance class when I was little whitch was so funny, it's the small things what are the best
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
    How did he help you with dance class?

Jul 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
    He would help me remember it by dancing it with me when I got home
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
    With music playing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad has terminal cancer... his wife won't allow me in their home to see him! [ 10 Answers ]

I have just found out that my dad has metastatic cancer. His wife (don't even think about calling her my stepmom!) is the person who broke up my parents marriage, and she has always been hateful and vindictive towards me. I phoned her yesterday and asked if we could please "bury the hatchet" and...

Boyfriends dad is dying of cancer and I don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend who I have been with for 8months found out in January that his dad has terminal cancer. I try to help him but feel like I make the sitution worse.I know he speaks to his best friend about it and I'm happy he is talking to someone just wish it was. I haven't met any of his family and...

When did my dad die [ 1 Answers ]

Walter stoyle from Leeds

My dad was terminated from his job because he did not call in he was diagnosed/cancer [ 4 Answers ]

My dad had asked for disability papers and took a couple of days off. He then collopased and was in the hospital he was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery. He also had an infection in his hips which he needed to have surgery on after the infection went away. He did not return to work...

I'm worried.I think my dad has cancer [ 1 Answers ]

I think my dad has cancer in his throat.he has holes in the back of his throat.like half an inch big is the biggest.he has at least four that are visible.and possibly more down his throat. Reach back with your tongue and feel the soft part. Right there and nextt o his tonsils are the ones I can...

View more questions Search