Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumsin60 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
    2nd marriage,is it possible?
    3years back my daughter got married against our wish.Her relationship with her husband was bad.she did her best but now she is divorced.I wanted to know that how can I convince her to get married again.She doesn't want to get marry.And is it possible to get a groom for her who is not divorced.We are from India people are saying now she will get only divorced person.She realized that she did big mistake to hurt us.She is very good person she deserve good boy for her.Is it possible?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumsin60 View Post
    3years back my daughter got married against our wish.Her relationship with her husband was bad.she did her best but now she is divorced.I wanted to know that how can I convince her to get married again.She doesn't want to get marry.And is it possible to get a groom for her who is not divorced.We are from India people are saying now she will get only divorced person.She realized that she did big mistake to hurt us.She is very good person she deserve good boy for her.Is it possible?

Are you asking from a standpoint of religion, culture, something else?

It appears you have been very much (and perhaps inappropriately) involved in your daughter's life. Perhaps some of these decisions are better made by her. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...do-367342.html
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 01:31 PM
    I think you need to stay out of it and allow her to make her own decisions about remarriage. If she does not want to marry again, why should she?
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Jul 31, 2012, 10:11 AM
    I agree completely with JudyKayTee and Homegirl50. As parents it can be hard to let go. It is YOU who need to release her to live her life. Love her and support her regardless of her decisions. It is not about you. It is her life. If she makes mistakes, inevitably we all do, let her know you will always be there for her. Focus on what she does that's positive and be grateful. No one is promised tomorrow. Enjoy her today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd marriage issues. [ 2 Answers ]

Will be as brief as possible. Both me and my wife are in our second marriages with each other, for about 5 years now. It has been a turbulent time as we have had to deal with every blended family issue imaginable, but also a having a baby 2 years ago. The main issue that I have is with how my wife...

How to convince for 2nd marriage to her parents even though I am married? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey friends I am 25yrs old but got married in very early age that to love marriage ,we ran way from home and got married by our parents later.Our problem got started for the second year lots of fights ,she left house for couple of times.Now I am in realation with someone else who knows every bit of...

Troubled Marriage - Want Secure 2nd Home [ 4 Answers ]

I want to buy a weekend getaway home. My marriage is very shaky now, and my wife – who does not work – will take me for all I’m worth if we divorce (without any consideration that it was my money that made the purchase of our first, current home possible). I put her 4 children (from previous...

In our 2nd year of marriage - is it always this hard? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all - my husband and I have been married for 2 years - in May. We have 2 wonderful daughters the oldest is 4 and the youngest is 2. He and I met 13 years ago. Throughout this time he and I have dated on and off and always seemed to have a strong connection. We had our 1st child then got...

View more questions Search