Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matsoarelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 07:07 AM
    bio/stepdad
    I'm a male at the age of 28 and I have a daugheter who is now a year now. My X has now found someone else since we are no longer together. And the problem I'm having is, her new man does not want me near my baby's mother as he fills there may still be something between us.

what can I do for him to trust me that there is nothing going on between my X and I caoz ''OVER MY DAD BODY I WILL NEVER STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 07:36 AM
    You posted under 'academic advising' which is not exactly the right spot to get you the answers you need. Family Law would have been a better choice. Now, are you two married ? Is there some kind of court order visitation in place whereby you see your daughter at specific times? If not, I suggest you hire a lawyer and get this done, and the new man in her life has to get over it.

You don't have to 'get him to trust you'; the issue is you seeing your daughter legally.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Moved from Academic Advising to Family Law
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matsoarelle View Post
    ...what can I do for him to trust me that there is nothing going on between my X and I ...
    I don't know. Persuade him you're gay? :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matsoarelle View Post
    I'm a male at the age of 28 and I have a daugheter who is now a year now. My X has now found someone else since we are no longer together. and the problem I'm having is, her new man does not want me near my baby's mother as he fills there may still be something between us.

what can I do for him to trust me that there is nothing going on between my X and I caoz ''OVER MY DAD BODY I WILL NEVER STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER.
    You go to court and have your visitation by court order. If he can't deal with it then he needs to find someone else. Follow the courts orders and enjoy being in your daughters life. The courts will help you deal with him if need be by way of restraining order. So get this done asap and if he interferes then get a restraining order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
    First you don't need to be around your ex. There is no reason to visit with her,

You go pick your child up ( how old is child) in most cases, you drive up in drive way, honk, child comes out and you go with the child for your weekend or visit.

In other cases, you meet the other party at a police station or fire house.

So just stay away from your ex, does not sound like he cares if you visit the child, it is the visit with the ex he as issues with, and that is understandable.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ak lawyer View Post
    i don't know. Persuade him you're gay? :)
    Exactly!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Tell, him if he doesn't want you interacting with the mother, then he should bring the child to your visitations. Tell him you don't care, but if he tries to interfere with your visitation with your daughter, you will haul him and the mother into court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Non-bio dad giving non-bio daughter his last name? [ 4 Answers ]

Can the bio mother give the daughter the non bio dads last name without informing the bio father of the child? Bio dad never knew about the child (now 15 yrs.old) until about 3 months ago. The non-bio dad knew he was not the child's father at the time of birth and was not listed on BC. State is...

Bio dad is out of the pic, can stepdad adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

HI. I got divorced a few years ago. My ex and I had two children together. After the divorce he saw the kids twice. Now he has not seen them in 17 months, or had any communication with them in 12 months! We do not have his address, phone number, or any info about him anymore. He has not paid child...

View more questions Search