Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cacman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2012, 03:20 AM
    Should it be in the format of writing a formal report or does he mean something else?
    I am a new employee in a gym. I complained to my boss that some of the machines and equipments in the gym are not in order thus need to be serviced. He said I should state the machines and equipments that are bad and what needed to be done with each machine and that I should present it to him in the form of a report. The report part is what is getting me confused. Can someone please explain to me what he actually means by presenting it in the form of a report? Asking him directly may give him reasons to doubt whether I posses all the quality needed to be a gym administrator so I can't ask him. I'll really appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 30, 2012, 03:37 AM
    The report can be a simple list. You could preface it with one sentence saying 'Upon my inspection of all gym equipment on X date, I find that the following machines need servicing, and have stated why.' Then at the end 'Submitted on X date by your name,' and then sign it by hand.
    If you want to include the machines that need no servicing, do so, and change the wording of your first sentence to say 'I have listed all machines and which ones need servicing, and why.'

Aug 8, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Thanks a lot. Should it bear an address?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cacman View Post
    thanks a lot. should it bear an address?
    Make it a memo style --

TO:
    DATE:
    REGARDING:

Then the list of machines that need attention with what is wrong:

EXERCISE BIKE #4 - Loose left pedal
    ROWING MACHINE #6 - Cracked right oar, missing seat pad

Or some such.

Aug 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Make it a memo style --

TO:
    DATE:
    REGARDING:

Then the list of machines that need attention with what is wrong:

EXERCISE BIKE #4 - Loose left pedal
    ROWING MACHINE #6 - Cracked right oar, missing seat pad

or some such.
    Thanks so much I perfectly understand. Please are you also a gym instructor? If you are do you mind sending me your email address? I would really need your help on a whole lot of issues. Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cacman View Post
    thanks so much i perfectly understand. pls are u also a gym instructor? if you are do you mind sending me ur email address? i would really need your help on a whole lot of issues. thanks
    No, I'm a retired librarian :) and very smart ;). I am here all the time, so feel free to post new questions, and I (or others) will help.

Aug 9, 2012, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, I'm a retired librarian :) and very smart ;). I am here all the time, so feel free to post new questions, and I (or others) will help.
    OK. Actually I work in the sports department of an institution. I the department, amidst other sections, I am in charge of the gym. I have been there for close to five months now. When I came in, some machines; the thread mill were not working but I was asked to work with the ones that were okay. Due to usage, some of the machines; exercise bike etc.. Started to worn out so I complained to the head of the department.. he said I should present it to him in the form of a report so he can forward it to the management of the institution. Whom then shall I be addressing? Is it the department or the institution at large. Please help me with an overview of what I am expected to do. Lets assume the institution is oxford university. Thanks in anticipation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Format circular writing [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is a coaching institute and I need you to please send me a wordings of a circular for the faculty regarding the syllabus , tests and perents-teachers meetings

Format for a profile writing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need to know the format for profile writing.

What is the format of writing a no objection certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Format how to write a no objection letter

Writing format [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the correct format to write a bid or proposal?:confused:

Format of profile writing [ 1 Answers ]

How I can write the profile for business

View more questions Search