Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadrunner3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Heil Furnace
    I have A Heil Furnace that starts up just fine Model #NDG1075DFo1, but after its running for 5 minutes or so it gets another call for heat, fills the gas box with naatural gas and re-lights this mix pretty violently. This may happen a few times during the heating cycle until the thermostat is satisfied and shuts the unit down. There is nothing wrong with the thermostat as I have jumpered it out to eliminate it as a cause. Is it the valve or the control board. Any help would be greatly appreaciated as it feels like it is going to blow up one of these days
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Part one of the problem I think is the furnace is over heating and limmiting out. As far as the delayed combustion you are experiencing, I need to know more about what type of ignition it has, i.e.. Standing pilot, auto pilot, direct spark hot surface ignition I don't know enough about that model number.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Oh, did you read the FAQ sticky at top of main HVAC page for more answers?
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 07:59 PM
    What's the serial # on this 80%eff 75,000 BTU furnace

Mar 6, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    Part one of the problem I think is the furnace is over heating and limmiting out. As far as the delayed combustion you are experiencing, I need to know more about what type of ignition it has, ie. standing pilot, auto pilot, direct spark hot surface ignition I don't know enough about that model number.

This furnace has direct spark hot surface ignition. The furnace is cutting out and relighting I think because the flame sensor may not be seeing the flame on the burner or the pressure switch may be bad . Does any of this make any sense? Thanks for the Help.
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
    I have seen on two units this winter, same model, where your pressure switch hose connects to draft inducer housing, restricted. Pull hose off and run paper clip in port a couple of times, and reconnect hose, the port sometimes gets a little rust build up.

Mar 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Heil Furnace
    Does anybodt out there know where the pressure switch is on a Hiel Furnace . It is a downdraft model with direct spark hot surface ignition Model # NDG1075DF01.Thanks in advance
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 07:37 AM
    I can't say exactly, but there should be a small hose coming out to a round flat thing between the heat exchanger and the inducer blower.
    RudyDRuybal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 05:44 PM

What is the proper way to direct the condensation tubes to prevent water leaking?
    scobbydo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 10:24 AM
    I,am still waiting for an answer??
    lpjohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
    I have a 2005 Heil Furnace H9MPD075F12B1 The inducer has been replaced 2-3times. The code is 6 flashes + 1 flash = soft lockout. I replaced the inducer again just because the service guy said the bearing was starting to go-loud whining noise. This time that did not do the trick. The same code still appears.Lance I am going to try cleaning flame sensor rod

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have bought a house with a furnace and I cannot get the pilot to light. I am asking for some type of manual so I can figure this out. The model is VG-80MD-1 and the serial is H73838067. The house was built in 1977 and I am sure this is the original Thanks for any info

Blower won't come on Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace in a home I just purchased. The first day it worked fine. Second day, it fires up, I can hear a motor running, but the blower doesn't come on. Relay switch? Thank You!

HEIL furnace will not stay lite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a older heil furnace (Model#867.769445) about 20 years old. When the pilot turns on after a few seconds the burners light, then after a second or two they shut off, on again, and off. They will do this continually until finally they stay on or the furnace stops trying to heat. I have also...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

View more questions Search