Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rholt9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
    A/C stopped working
    Yesterday I woke up and noticed that the a/c was not kicking on. It said "cool on" but the outside unit was not running and the fan was not blowing inside either. I switched the thermostat from 'auto' to 'fan on' and still nothing. I then tried to turn the heat on and nothing kicked on either. Thanks in advance for any help.
    rlathery Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rholt9 View Post
    Yesterday I woke up and noticed that the a/c was not kicking on. It said "cool on" but the outside unit was not running and the fan was not blowing inside either. I switched the thermostat from 'auto' to 'fan on' and still nothing. I then tried to turn the heat on and nothing kicked on either. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Most likely have a leak. And if that is the case you will need to call someone or you might need freon, but you still will need to call someone because you need a license to use freon. Thx
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rholt9 View Post
    Since you tried this I switched the thermostat from 'auto' to 'fan on' and still nothing. it seems you are not getting power to the inside section of the unit. Check the circuit breakers for the inside unit and reset if necessary. Next if you have power to the unit the 24 volt transformer might be bad which powers up the control circuit. Test it to see if it is OK but only after you have established that you have the power to the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My TV has just stopped working!? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been moving my room around and when I done I was moving some stuff at the back of my TV so I moved it then when I put it back it just went off and won't turn back on, there's no inferred light shining on the TV but there was so I guess it's the TV. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it in...

Xmlviewerhpsf has stopped working [ 0 Answers ]

How do you fix this error: xmlviewerhpsf has stopped working When trying to calibrate the battery of the laptop when utilizing HP Advisor 3.1

A/c stopped working! [ 2 Answers ]

Today while I was on the computer I started to feel like the heat was on. So I went to the thermostat and it said it was 86 inside the house and the heater was on. I don't know how this happened, I had the a/c on at 79 and it just suddenly stopped and switched to heat. I quickly turned the heat...

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Previously working electrical outlets stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone A wall of electrical outlets in my kitchen just stopped working. They were working just fine about a month ago. I tried checking the circuit box, and turning the circuits on/off just to make sure anything that has been tripped was turned on back again. But it didn't work for the...

View more questions Search