Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chocolatecats Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Is it okay if?.
    All right so I'm black ! Plain and simple and I get angry at certain people who say that African American females are the most un-attractive. Honestly people are rude! There are all these stereotypes about us like : we are ghetto, we are bald, we always wear weave, we are loud, our skin color is un-attractive , and more! In my opinion I think that everyone is different. There are different types of African American females . Light skin, dark skin, mixed. Not all black females are ghetto , we don't all wear weave ! Even if we do , what's wrong with weave ? Our hair is different, it requires different type of treatments and attention. Wearing weave doesn't make you fake. Not in my opinion. I personally believe that skin color doesn't matter as long as you are confident in your own skin. Stop hating on black females, we are not that bad. Again this is my opinion
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Who on earth is saying that? Black women are usually very pretty, even beautiful, and have gorgeous skin and never seem to age.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:41 PM
    What is your question about beauty?

I don't see a question, I only see a statement. Do you have a question, or are you hoping for a debate? If it's a debate then this question should be in the discussion forum.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Should I move this to a discussion forum?
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I think you should, seeing as there really isn't a question. Sounds like the OP either wants a discussion, or simply wants to write a statement about her opinion.

Jul 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Yes , sure :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Hold on tight. It might get bumpy for a few minutes, especially when we land. :)

Okay. We're there. You can relax now.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
    So who's telling you this and why did you come here to complain about it to us?

To be honest, I haven't heard anyone ever say any of this.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
    I do have questions about dreads.

Jul 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    So who's telling you this and why did you come here to complain about it to us?

To be honest, I haven't heard anyone ever say any of this.
    Well where I live this is heard frequently by peers and more,and I felt the need to express myself.I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinion

Jul 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
    I do have questions about dreads.
    Go ahead ask
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatecats View Post
    Well where I live this is heard frequently by peers and more,and I felt the need to express myself.I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinion
    Sorry, don't get me wrong. Maybe I could have used a different word other than "complaining".

Where is it that you live and why would the people be so nasty?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
    One of the nurses at the hospital (2009) let me touch her braids, and they were sooooooooooooooo soft and springy. I forgot to ask her how she washes her hair. Would she undo the braids or carefully wash the braids? When would she finally undo them, and wouldn't her hair be all curly and tangly then, so she would have to cut it to make it controllable?
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
    I get angry at certain people who say that African American females are the most un-attractive. Honestly people are rude! There are all these stereotypes about us like : we are ghetto, we are bald, we always wear weave, we are loud, our skin color is un-attractive , and more!
    Take a look at the part I bolded.

People that judge people by the color of their skin, the look of their hair, their religion or lack thereof, they're ethnicity, are rude. They're also bigots.

Thankfully they are few and far between. So don't judge everyone by what a few, or "certain" people say.

I find people that call me a Nazi (even though I was born many decades after that war) because I'm German, to be very rude. But every once in a while some uneducated fool makes that remark. Personally, I can't be bothered with ignorant people. You shouldn't either.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I find people that call me a Nazi (even though I was born many decades after that war) because I'm German, to be very rude. .
    I'm German/Irish... I'm bent on world domination but too drunk to achieve it!

Anyway... I've been called all sorts of things. You learn to look at who's calling you names and then you see that they don't really mean anything to you anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
    I think perhaps you get treated the way you do because of YOUR attitude, Getto people get judged by the way they behave normally. Or perhaps by their poor choice in clothing. And esp by they way they communicate or talk.

If you reach out and treat others properly they will react the same to you. A person who acts "gettho will get treated that way normally

Jul 29, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Sorry, don't get me wrong. Maybe I could have used a different word other than "complaining".

Where is it that you live and why would the people be so nasty?
    I live in the south, And I'm not sure . Different people , different way of thinking , I'm assuming

Jul 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
    One of the nurses at the hospital (2009) let me touch her braids, and they were sooooooooooooooo soft and springy. I forgot to ask her how she washes her hair. Would she undo the braids or carefully wash the braids? When would she finally undo them, and wouldn't her hair be all curly and tangly then, so she would have to cut it to make it controllable?
    I'm sorry I don't wear dreads, I wouldn't know .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatecats View Post
    I'm sorry I don't wear dreads, I wouldn't know .
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh! How will I find out?

Jul 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post

People that judge people by the color of their skin, the look of their hair, their religion or lack thereof, they're ethnicity, are rude. They're also bigots.

Thankfully they are few and far between. So don't judge everyone by what a few, or "certain" people say.

I find people that call me a Nazi (even though I was born many decades after that war) because I'm German, to be very rude. But every once in a while some uneducated fool makes that remark. Personally, I can't be bothered with ignorant people. You shouldn't either.
    Thank you very much that is actually a very good idea

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search