Jul 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Troubleshoot My Central Air Conditioning System
    How much freon does a 2 & 1/2 ton central ac system require
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chudrun View Post
    How much freon does a 2 & 1/2 ton central ac system require
    There is no set amount. It depends upon the coil sizes in the indoor and outdoor plus the length and size of the line set that connects the two coils.
    MrAir Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
    The amount the unit uses is stamped (printed) on the outside unit. The copper line set and the evaporator use a little more. THis is not an exact answer because you have to look up the line set and evaporator numbers but think 1 to 2 lbs over what the condenser shows is a close number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air conditioning [ 4 Answers ]

Fan outside for air conditioner won't work motor hot

How to troubleshoot air conditioning in a saturn sl 1999? [ 2 Answers ]

My air just recently stopped working... the compressor comes on, and it has pressure, but nothing blows out of vents, neither cold nor hot air. Any suggestions? 1999 saturn sl series

Having a loud vibration sound coming from the inside central air conditioning system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a loud vibration sound coming from my central air conditioning system what could it be?

Central Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace my home air conditioning system. Nice down stairs but upstairs terrible. It's the original system, 19 years old. My house is 2500 sq feet, 2 story. What's the best system I should buy? How many seer? I don't want to overbuy but upstairs is unbearable!!

Central air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

My central air unit does not "kick" on. The fan from the furnace and heat... does. There is a spark at the thermostat and the fuse box appears to be o.k. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search