Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeeDee310 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
    Ear piercing cartilage pain
    Hey, I recently got my cartilage pierced, one week ago and it was fine until now, it is starting to hurt without even touching it and when I do touch it, it hurts more I've been cleaning it good though, what can be the cause of the pain? I see no redness nor swelling nor discharge, its just the pain.
    hisangel18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 11:44 PM
    I had mine peirced a while ago it was done at a beauty salon and wasn't perfessionally done it hurt me for over 4 months. It matters by the cartlige though if its thick or thin mine was thick so that is why it hurt so much. Don't lay on it and oh make sure your not cleaning it with rubbing alcohol this will infect your ear and cause swelling get actual pericing cleaner

Jul 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hisangel18 View Post
    I had mine peirced a while ago it was done at a beauty salon and wasn't perfessionally done it hurt me for over 4 months. It matters by the cartlige tho if its thick or thin mine was thick so that is why it hurt so much. Don't lay on it and oh make sure ur not cleaning it with rubbing alcohol this will infect ur ear and cause swelling get actual pericing cleaner
    I got it pierced at Claire's and no I'm using Claire's ear piercing solution . But it started hurting this morning and now it won't go away .
    miss_a90 Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jul 29, 2012, 12:14 AM
    Cartilage is different to normal skin because it's harder, and the fact that your piercing is hurting is probably your body's way of telling you that there is some foreign object stuck in it!
    Keep it clean with the solution they gave you, and perhaps try some tea tree oil too as this has amazing healing properties. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before you clean it, and try not to touch it unless cleaning it. You said there is no redness or swelling which is a good sign so far, but if this changes, go straight back to the place you got it pierced and ask for their advice. Try not to sleep on it or touch it when it's not needed, and hopefully your ear will stop hurting because the skin will have accommodated for the piercing

Jul 29, 2012, 12:18 AM
    [QUOTE=miss_a90;3214113]Cartilage is different to normal skin because it's harder, and the fact that your piercing is hurting is probably your body's way of telling you that there is some foreign object stuck in it!
    Keep it clean with the solution they gave you, and perhaps try some tea tree oil too as this has amazing healing properties. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before you clean it, and try not to touch it unless cleaning it. You said there is no redness or swelling which is a good sign so far, but if this changes, go straight back to the place you got it pierced and ask for their advice. Try not to sleep on it or touch it when it's not needed, and hopefully your ear will stop hurting because the skin will have accommodated for the piercing[/QUOTE

Yes it's just the pain but it's really bothering me, thank you though :)
    miss_a90 Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jul 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
    Why not take some painkillers for the time being?

Jul 29, 2012, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_a90 View Post
    Why not take some painkillers for the time being?
    True, I hope it goes away . Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear piercing cartilage pain [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I recently got my cartilage pierced, one week ago and it was fine until now, it is starting to hurt without even touching it and when I do touch it, it hurts more I've been cleaning it good though, what can be the cause of the pain? I see no redness nor swelling nor discharge, its just the...

Ear cartilage piercing [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a specific spot at the top of the ear where a piercing should be done?

Ear cartilage piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got my ear cartilage pierced eight days ago and I really do not like it or think it suits my ears. I want to take it out but I don't know if there is a certain time that I have to wait? If I take it out now will it close pretty quickly? Hope you can help me, I don't...

Is it normal to have intense pain after having a cartilage ear piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I Just Got My Ear Pierced 4 Days Ago. & There Is Swelling & Pain When Nothing is touching it, it is also red. I think A piece of my hair got stuck in the piercing, Any Thought on what I should Do??

Ear cartilage piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago. The stud they used always tangled my hair and caused incredible pain. My brother convinced me to put a hoop in instead. After an hour of prying off the stud and inserting the hoop it seemed to feel a bit better. All day today I have been miserable! I can't...

View more questions Search