Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snow48 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Air conditioning & heat in office broken for six months
    Heating and air conditioning unit in my office has not worked for six months. I am an admin asst and my job requires me to do a lot more then desk work. I have boxes of records that keep me constantly moving not just sitting at desk typing. Anyway after moving boxes of records up and down two flights of stairs I could not cool my body down had no idea why I felt so awful. I ended up having heat exhuastion had to leave work and go home. I was mad emailed facilities person told them our social service agency
    Should be ashamed to have people dropping from the heat in their facilities. How much trouble can that email get me? Let me add I work for a agency that as long as you keep your head down working and never disagree with them your OK, speak up and your done for! Oh no what to do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snow48 View Post
    heating and air conditioning unit in my office has not worked for six months. i am an admin asst and my job requires me to do alot more then desk work. i have boxes of records that keep me constantly moving not just sitting at desk typing. anyway after moving boxes of records up and down two flights of stairs i could not cool my body down had no idea why i felt so awful. i ended up having heat exhuastion had to leave work and go home. i was mad emailed facilities person told them our social service agency
    should be ashamed to have people dropping from the heat in their facilities. how much trouble can that email get me? Let me add i work for a agency that as long as you keep your head down working and never disagree with them your ok, speak up and your done for! oh no what to do?

Are you protected by a union or contract? If not it's employment at will and you can be let go for any or no reason.

Get a letter from your Physician that you were treated for heat exhaustion (which is no small thing, as I'm sure you know).

Yes, you could be fired.

Jul 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Oh damn it I done, I didn't go to Dr. I hate Dr.s. they are as bad as the place I work for. Think I would get unemployement?

Jul 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Oh I am done for. I didn't go to dr. iThink they will fight unemployement?
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Are you protected by a union or contract? If not it's employment at will and you can be let go for any or no reason.

Get a letter from your Physician that you were treated for heat exhaustion (which is no small thing, as I'm sure you know).

Yes, you could be fired.
    Oh man I'm done for that place will eat me up! I didn't go to dr.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Oh I am done for. i didn't go to dr. iThink they will fight unemployement?

Oh man im done for that place will eat me up! i didn't go to dr.

Unemployment depends on how hard the employer fights it.

You haven't been terminated, have you? Maybe they'll let it go.

Jul 28, 2012, 10:18 AM

Yes, you could be fired.
    Didn't USA close sweat shops years ago?

Jul 28, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Unemployment depends on how hard the employer fights it.

You haven't been terminated, have you? Maybe they'll let it go.
    Not yet but not looking forward to Monday, really the just dropped the ball into my supervisors lap so far which put me on the spot big time. My supervisor has no controld over facilities operations, we have a help ticket system, I did 4 help tickets. My answer was sorry cannot be replaced for 6 to 8 weeks so sorry, want a fan? This is the entire summer with no air in an office that has no windows. Their being ripped off blind by this hvac company. Happens again I will crawl into the street before I drop in that place. Do anyting they tell me to do except drop for them.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
    didnt USA close sweat shops years ago?

Laughing - in your case it really WAS a sweat shop - my laugh for the day!

Jul 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Laughing - in your case it really WAS a sweat shop - my laugh for the day!
    Lol... Yes I know, I can still laugh but sure don't want to be fired. Thinking I should have taken another day off was not ready to come back. Heat exhaustion makes you feel like you were hit by a truck without the bruising.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning unit-heat pump-air smells moist [ 3 Answers ]

The air coming from my vents smell as if something may be wet. I know that sounds crazy, but could the air be passing through some moisture source? We have the heat on at the current time. Last week we had the air on, I smelled this same smell. The air filter had this particular smell on it, like...

Heat and Air conditioning Blower [ 3 Answers ]

I need to where I can find a blower for a Janitrol Unit Model# GE30-10 or AE30-10, Serial #9710933386 . Your help would be greatly appreciated

Them heat turning on while trying to use air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into an older townhome and they have a York air conditioning system. It is an older model but I am not sure how old. I turn on the AC and I hear the fans and system kick on but then seconds later the EM heat indicator turns on and the air quits working. Is this a thermostat issue?

Heat and Air Conditioning [ 5 Answers ]

Neither my downstairs heating or air conditioner will come on. The fan works. How do I trouble shoot this?

Heat & Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I live in SW Missouri. We are currently experiencing an ice storm. When my power came back on after being off about 3 hrs. my heat pump is completely iced up causing the unit to shut down. Can I pour warm or hot water over the unit to remove the ice? I believe it simply is unable to get air...

View more questions Search