Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Fed up!
    I've always been thin, until recently.

Back story.

I gained a lot of weight with both of my pregnancies, 80 pounds each to be exact. I never had a problem losing the weight after each pregnancy.

After my first child I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition, started taking synthroid. Second child, another 80 pound weight gain during the pregnancy, lost the weight within a year, no problem.

Then I got pregnant with my third a few years ago. I lost that baby at 3 months, and for some reason, since that time, I've been putting on weight like it's going out of style.

I know that I'm doing a lot of things wrong. For instance, for around 6 months I didn't have the time to go to the doctor for a refill of my synthroid, so I simply didn't take it. Also, I don't eat well. I eat around 500 calories per day. I don't eat breakfast, or lunch, and usually nibble at dinner. I'm not a big snack person, and actually have to force myself to eat. I don't have an eating disorder, I like food, and I'm not afraid to eat it, it's simply something that takes too much time, and something I can't be bothered to do. I go for the quick meals that I can eat on the run.

I would like to lose this excess weight I've put on, and it's getting worse and worse. I know I have to start eating 3 meals a day at least, because my body is storing fat due to my poor eating habits.

My question is, what should I be eating? Does anyone had a diet that is quick, easy, something I will be able to do without having to cook three meals a day?

Also, what exercise program will help me get fit again? I tend to gain the weight in my arms, belly, and back.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm at the end of my rope here. I want my body back! :(
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
    What kind of thyroid condition do you have hypo or hyper? Starving yourself is terrible. First your medicine is a must. As far as foods you need more like 5 meals a day with small portions. My breakfest consists of raw eggs, oatmeal, berries ,but on days time is tight I will just take just a handfull of berries. They are rich in antioxidant and contain lots of fiber along with vitamins that can help the thyroid.

Lunch Try some granola, grape fruit, Seafood will help your thyroid problem as well as boost metabolism as its rich in iodine

Dinner (Sorry you probably have to cook) Try some lean skinless chicken saves time on cooking and is great for you. Steemed veggies, more berries ,Beef ,Steak ,Turkey is a very lean meat.

Exercise Do stretches as soon as you wake up if you need stretches. My friend elliots channel may help..

Strength Training & Motivation - YouTube

I don't have enough room to finish so visit his channel he has hundreds of exercises Strength/Cardio
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I have an uderactive thyroid. In other words, losing weight is hard. Gaining it, not hard at all. ;)

But I did manage to stay healthy and fit, despite the thyroid issue, until my miscarriage. After that it all went downhill. It's like something changed, my body changed, and all the things that used to work for me when it came to maintaining my weight, no longer work.

I am to blame as well. I know that. I am back on my medication, and taking it daily. I won't slip when it comes to that ever again.

I will definitely give your meal suggestions a try. I guess I have to go shopping. :)

I'll also try the exercise program. I just have to get motivated.

Thanks for responding. :)
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I am back on my medication, and taking it daily. I won't slip when it comes to that ever again.
    That is what I came back here to ask you about, so good that you will not slip again.
    Now I don't feel the need to EMPHASIZE (not yell) the need for your thyroid meds.
    I have few diet tips, now if you had reflux and ulcers, I got you covered there.
    And with so few calories a day, do you take a multivitamin?
    They are wonderful things, take it from someone who sometimes can't eat, I find I don't run down as quickly as I used to, may be in my head, but I don't think so.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
    I am overweight.
    My sister would be like me, but she has dieted and exercised her whole life long.
    My brother is thin and his wife and all his 9 children are thin, thin thin. They eat a macrobiotic diet of brown rice, tofu, beans, miso, and a few vegetables. No animal products at all, not even yogurt.
    I have a feeling it would be an excellent diet for thyroid conditions (and losing weight in general), but even though I like the food, I start missing all sorts of other foods - and eat them.
    I mention this because it isn't carbs per se that put weight on!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fed id # [ 2 Answers ]

How do I retrieve a federal id # for my corporation; I misplaced mine

JI Visa Holder Exempt for fed OASDI/EE Fed MED/EE ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am doing residency in psychiatry, currently in first year on J1 visa. My University is holding OASDI/EE and Fed MED/EE taxes from my salary, while my colleague who is also in first year and on J1 visa is not entitled to these taxes. What I have understood so far after searching for all...

Are you getting fed? [ 14 Answers ]

I was just wondering how many people out there, particularly teens have moms or dads that cook actual meals for dinner. I'm sick of eating boxed and frozen dinners or bagels and I was just wondering if people feel the same way or I'm just being overdramatic when I get angry at my mom for not...

The Fed [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: Yesterday, to calm the market, The Federal Reserve Bank "injected" $40 billion of "liquidity" into the market. Uhhhh, what does that mean?? Does it mean that they printed up the money? Oh, I know that's not how they literally do it. They print bonds instead, and sell them to the...

Fed Up [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope that someone out there can please help me, I am so fed up with my 21 year old daughter, I just don't know what to do any more. Okay here is my problem, My daughter has recently moved back home for the upteen time, it's been so many times, I have lost track, anyway, she has been...

View more questions Search