Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pady2529 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Hardware No BOOT
    For the past 2 weeks my Desktop is not Booting I am getting an error message Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failiure
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Can you access the systems BIOS (CMOS) and check the hard drive etc ?
    dell_ratish_c Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
    Hi,

My name is Rathish and I am working with Dell Social Media Team.
    You have mentioned in the post that the computer doesn’t boot and it gives a message saying diskette drive 0 seek failure.
    This message comes up when there is an issue with the Floppy drive and that needs to be disabled in order to fix it.

Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure Fixed* - YouTube

Since I am not sure of the system model which you are using. I request you first to shut down the computer.
    Once the computer is shut down. Switch on the computer keep tapping F2 key. If this doesn’t work then try the del key with the same procedure.
    You will be in bios screen where you would see system time and date.
    Please look for drives option and in that look for drive A or floppy drive and disable it. Let’s see if that fixes the issue.

Please also let me know the system model and the operating system which you are using
    For further assistance please reply me. So that I can help you further

Thanks & Regards
    Dell_Ratish_C
    Dell Social Media Responder
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
    Twitter
    Videos from Dell - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At cold boot,every day the computer need to boot twice [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I change my hardrive which has window installed,and since that,every day when I first turn on my computer,at the first boot,everything is fine up to the window saying window is setting your application,and then the boot stop with no message and then reboot again,and then it boot OK up to...

Macbook won't boot after safe boot mode [ 1 Answers ]

An intel-based Macbook running the latest version of Leopard will not boot after a safe boot. I held down shift to perform the safe boot. It apparently ran the diagnostics etc, and then came up with Safe Boot in red like it should. I then restarted and now I can't get past the gray Apple screen. It...

GPO applied on 2nd boot, not on 1st boot [ 1 Answers ]

I am deploying IE7 via a GPO in a Windows 2003 domain. The policy works fine. But only on a second boot of the Windows XP clients. (WindowsXP only environment). This seems totally silly to me. Shouldn't all policies be applied on every boot? :confused: How can I force the policy to be applied on...

"found new hardware" for boot drive [ 4 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Pro with update 3, recently started getting "Found new hardware" on bootup for my boot (C:) drive, which has been working fine for some time. Haven't installed any new programs recently. Get this message every time I boot up. Checked "system devices" and found that my Western...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

View more questions Search