Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jondarling777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Gas (black) pipe in water line
    Hi,
    I used a 9 inch section of black pipe (gas pipe) in my water line, because it was the right length and saved a trip to the store for galvanised. My wife tells me that this will cause the water to smell and taste bad, is she right? It'll be a major pain to replace that section, but she says I should. Thanks fot the help.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 08:40 PM
    It will make it have a rusty taste and soon will give off a brown stain, and within a year or so you will have to replace it anyway because it will rust out and get holes in it. But to each there own.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Agghh, don't listen to letmetellu, he only wants you to do it right. Defy you wife and see if you are right [grinz]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting black iron gas line [ 8 Answers ]

I want to add a branch line to an existing gas line for a new kitchen stove. The problem is there is no way to disassemble the existing gas line. No unions. The line is located in the attic space above the garage. Can I safely cut the existing gas line to remove a section of pipe? It will be...

What type of pipe for buried water line? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had a pipe break recently in the water line running to a workshop behind my house. The existing pipe is galvanized that was buried and eventually rusted through. I want to abandon the pipe completely and run a new line. I am on a budget so... What about the white plastic pipe? What...

Loud Bangs Coming from PVC waste pipe and Hot Water Copper Line [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had a crack and leak in our PVC waste pipe just behind our family room wall close to the first story floor. The plumber opened up the drywall and cut out the cracked portion (2 feet) which exended from just behind the family room wall down to the basement and replaced it with a new...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Natural gas pipe in bsmt is touching gas pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a house and in the basement the single wall furnace flue is touching the dark iron natural gas pipe, just before it enters the brick chimney , the water heater also has single wall flue that runs through wood structure. The previous owner put coffee cans around the flue, he cut off...

View more questions Search