Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nareklee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
    16 year old told me she was molested.
    My 16 year old has recently told us she was molested. She would have been little, about 6 and it was by someone my Sister knew. He touched her and then asked her to do more but thank god some of what I always told her kicked in and she told him no. He then of course went on to tell her never to tell anyone. My dilemma is I don't know what to do now? I would like to go to the RCMP and at least make a complaint... I'm just not sure of my next move? We are Canadian so I would need the advice for Canadian laws. Please help/advise.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
    If I were you I would report it, of course, your 16 year old will have to be involved and repeat her side of the story. There is no statute of limitations on this type of abuse/crime, it can still be reported.

Jul 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Thanks very much. We have a meeting with the RCMP from our home town for this coming week!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
    While I doubt to be honest anything gets done, no real evidence and a defense attorney will attack the memory of a 6 year old, even attack current morals and so on.

But it needs to be reported, just don't expect a lot to happen.

Jul 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
    I understand. Thanks, I will make sure to have that talk with her.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nareklee View Post
    Thanks very much. We have a meeting with the RCMP from our home town for this coming week!
    I hope this gives everyone involved some closure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Foster Child Molested 3 year old in the home [ 2 Answers ]

I am connected with a foster parent group, we meet once a month. It was brought to my attention last night a foster parent has a 12 year old boy who has been for about a month (they just walked in and found him 2 days ago) molesting their three year old son. From what everyone is told the 12 year...

View more questions Search