Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosgrovec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Can I file for bankruptcy on ssi disability
    Im in 16000 dollars in debt and all I get is 910 dollars a month. I own a home and already refinanced to pay off some money issues but I don't know what to do or even if I qualify for chapter7 or 13.I did a car title loan for 5000 dollars .the car is paid off and is mine. I have 11000 dollars in credit card bills and I need some advice
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cosgrovec View Post
    Im in 16000 dollars in debt and all i get is 910 dollars a month. I own a home and already refinanced to pay off some money issues but i dont know what to do or even if i qualify for chapter7 or 13.i did a car title loan for 5000 dollars .the car is paid off and is mine. I have 11000 dollars in credit card bills and i need some advice

The only credible advice comes from an Attorney who sits down with you and reviews your finances IN DETAIL - that includes debts, assets, equity.

Anything else is just guessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI Disability and Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 48 year old cancer patient. My husband of 13 years abandoned me and left me with no car and no phone. I want to know how alimony will affect my SSI Disabiltiy and Medicaid Medicare. I live in Florida.

Should I file for s.s. Disability when I have private long-term disability insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

I will shortly begin collecting private long-term diability insurance to the tune of 60% of my former salary. Can I still apply for social security disability? If I do, would either or both of these be decreased?

Garnishment of SSI Disability [ 3 Answers ]

If I understand Mr. Yet, 42 USC 407(a) prohibits garnishment of SSI disability for credit card debt. What is the best way to address a credit card company threatening arbitration and eventual court order for garnishment in this circumstance? My 40-year-old brother-in-law is permanently disabled...

Ssi disability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in North Carolina and filed bankruptcy in 2001 and confident I will win my disability case, can IRS or anyone get any of my settlement or monthly check. Any help will be appreciated

View more questions Search