Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ralondrah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Getting paid on the 1 & 15 but looking at the whole work week not pay period
    My employer pays me on the 1 and 15, my confusion is that he has me watch my hours worked by week so that I not exceed 40 hours a week but the pay period runs from the 11-25 & the 26 -10... So even when the cut off dates fall in the middle of the week or whenever it may fall, I still have to look at the whole week... not the pay period... I'm so confused because of the 25 falls on a Thursday and I'm getting paid for it on the 1st I still have to take into consideration for the work week, which is Monday to Friday, please help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2012, 03:42 AM
    Overtime is calculated weekly. Even if your pay schedule is different. Also while payday may be 1st and 15th. What periods are covered?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:32 AM
    It's all legit and proper for semi-monthly (twice a month) payroll, so I'm not sure how we can help you be less confused. Keep track of your hours by the DAY and then you can see if they total correctly on each check. You know the pay periods (11th - 25th and 26th - 10th) so it's not a problem, just more calculations for anyone who is worried about being paid enough.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Correct, if by that week, you work over, then that last day is where the overtime happened, you track your pay exactly by the day, and then total it for that pay period.

Done everywhere like that. Where they do twice a month payroll

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is salary pay defined by a 40 hour week or are other time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a "Posistion Change" letter from my employer where I am identified as a salaried employee with an identified salary. The hours are identified as M-F 7am to 5 pm which is a 45 hour week and other hours as may be needed to complete the work. Many of us were later converted to hourly and our...

Do I have to pay child support when am off work for 6 week [ 2 Answers ]

Dos any one now am working right now soon I will be off work for six week still I have to pay the child support

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

Pay Mortgage in one state, pay rent in the state I work in. Can I deduct rent paid? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY from California in late July of '07 to start a new job. My wife was originally going to move out with me, but has been unable to gain employement in NY. The new plan is for me to move back to CA in the next couple of months. We own a home in CA for which we pay a mortgage, and I pay...

View more questions Search