Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morbid_pixie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
    How to tell my family?
    I'm 15 year old goth/emo female.Ok.I think I'm bisexual.I'm pretty sure I am.I think about having sex with them and everything.But I don't know how to tell my family.Because they "make fun of" non straight people.And I fear that they will disown me and mock me. What should I do?:confused:
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Hi,
    Being a parent is not easy but being the child is even harder. Being a parent I would want my child to tell me the truth no matter how hard or bad it is. By not telling them you are assuming that they will disown you or mock you because in your words that's what they do towards people that aren't straight. Not making excuses for them but they aren't their children. They may not like it or condone it, but you are their child and if in fact you are bisexual, it's something that you will have to work out with them. Because no matter what you are, you will always be their child. It may take time and a lot of understanding on both parts. Just remember one thing we as parents are learning, we didn't get that so-called parent handbook, we are winging it no matter what we say. Good luck and I hope everything will work out, I believe it will. Hiding something like that is never good. If anything, I think it would be better they find out from you than they find out or hear it from someone else. Just have patience. And when you do tell them, don't argue or try to convert them inone minute.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Some things in life are never easy to say to a parent but keep in mind they will still love you... Yes it will probley shock them but to some extint I think they might already know or see signs of it. Parents can see and notice things long before you think they do.
    The one thing I always told my sons is that however bad something is you have done or is against my beliefs is.. To just be honest, yes I might be shocked,hurt, upset, but I will get over it.
    It might take time to sink in what you say and for them to get use to this news but THEY WILL STILL LOVE YOU
    emohater Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:48 PM
    The BIG question is to wait and have sex becauz you will regret it ./w your family isue you shood just tell them and hope they understand
    rodrigotoledano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morbid_pixie
    I'm 15 year old goth/emo female.Ok.I think I'm bisexual.I'm pretty sure I am.I think about having sex with them and everything.But I don't know how to tell my family.Because they "make fun of" non straight ppl.And i fear that they will disown me and mock me. what should i do?:confused:
    It don't matter what they do or say cause only you know who you are and what you want to be or are so don't let them make you be someone you are not OK be happy!!
    emohater Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I have sort of a personal question for u .do emos/goth really cut there rist
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Well of course at 15 you should not be sexually active with men or women, and grow and have relationships. Often women do feel closeness with other women that can sometimes be confused with attraction ( at least as I am told many times)

So at 15 is there a need to anounse anything, esp if you yourself are not sure. I doubt that if you had sex with your boy friend you go home and annouse that either?
    mayo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morbid_pixie
    I'm 15 year old goth/emo female.Ok.I think I'm bisexual.I'm pretty sure I am.I think about having sex with them and everything.But I don't know how to tell my family.Because they "make fun of" non straight ppl.And i fear that they will disown me and mock me. what should i do?:confused:
    Woman don't you give up stay focuse and think of what you are going to do because once you tell them their is no look back. So if you are sure you want to tell them don't look back. If you need me you now were to find me [email protected]
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Apr 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I'm transgender female to male I'm kindve emo myself and the best thing is to be out screw anyone who hates you because your bi o.k
    theEMOgrlYOUluv Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Just tell your parents they might get mad but it will be fine!! They might forget about it after 6 months or 3!
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Tell them. Explain. Tell them how you feel and stuff. Don't be upset if they get mad. They might not understand but its your life.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 18, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Just so we know...
    This thread was started in March 5th, 2007.

Check the dates. :)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Hehe... always cracks me up when people answer personal questions posted almost 2 years ago. Funny stuff.

Sep 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Lol, yeah.

And JB, I'm liking the new addition to your signiture... :)
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Honestly, I wouldn't tell them till I feel more comfortable about being that open or have a clearer understanding of who I really am.

It's tough being 15, (I have a teen around your age. She reminds me everyday how hard it is and WAS when I was her age.. ).

It's hard enough just trying to figure out where you belong much less have to "share" your potential sexuality w/ your family... who might give you grief about it.

Wait till you have a better sense of confidence...

Sep 19, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDee
    Honestly, I wouldn't tell them till I feel more comfortable about being that open or have a clearer understanding of who I really am.

It's tough being 15, (I have a teen around your age. She reminds me everyday how hard it is and WAS when I was her age..).

It's hard enough just trying to figure out where you belong much less have to "share" your potential sexuality w/ your family...who might give you grief about it.

Wait till you have a better sense of confidence...

AHHHHHHHHH!!

THE THREAD IS OVER A YEAR OLD!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Family law [ 1 Answers ]

I need information on adding a name to a land deed, how do I go about it?

I hate my family [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I really can't do this any more my f**kin dad is driving me crazy I hate him so much I want to kill him why can't he go back to jail I was so happy when he was there.All he does is drink and smoke.He is cheating on my mom and she knows it but she loves him she says I hope he gives he STD or...

Family? Or love? Confused [ 6 Answers ]

Dear readers, This is my first time that I am sharing my problem, I am ( I was I don't know still I am or not) in love with one coartian girl. She loves me too. My problem is I am engaged with one girl whom I liked as my parents liked too, but after knowing coartian girl I felt in love with her...

Help with family [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, I need help on a situation that, I guess can be described as somewhat abusive. My 20-year-old sister "Kim" has turned into a burden that I don't think I can handle, nor do I want to. I feel like my family is being torn apart an I am being torn up inside. "Kim" is the middle child in...

View more questions Search