Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1badazzff44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Pa eviction laws
    My girlfriend got a eviction notice... she got an attorney and the attorney sent the landlord a letter stating that the eviction is on hold until a court date can be done... she is worried the sherrif can still make her get out even though the attorney sent this letter to the landlord... can the sherrif still come and do this to her even though the lanlord received a letter from the attorney that the eviction is on hold until further notice of a court date
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
    The attorney sent a worthless letter. The landlord can not evict until he takes them to court, that is the law. The notice of eviction given before this is required notice before they file in court. I hope they did not pay a lot of money to pay an attorney for a letter they could have just written theirself.

The attorney letter did not stop anything, since they were not allowed to without court hearing
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 26, 2012, 04:38 PM
    The first step in the eviction process is a notice to vacate. If the tenant does not vacate by the deadline in the notice, then the landlord files for an eviction order in court. At that point a court hearing is ordered. At the hearing a judge either issues an eviction order or denies it. Rarely is it denied. Only then can the landlord hire a sheriff to remove the tenant.

So the attorney's letter did nothing!

Why is she being evicted? Unpaid rent or what? Does she have a lease?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ky eviction laws? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you evict your son or daughter living with you in your home

SC Eviction Laws [ 1 Answers ]

If I bought a mobile home that is in my park and the previous owner & I had taken these people to court to evict because they are always late and they didn't show up, and I just took them to court to evict because I didn't want this type tenant(we didn't tell the tenants that I bought the home, so...

Fl eviction laws [ 3 Answers ]

How do we move out 25 year old son in fl

Eviction laws,ky [ 2 Answers ]

Renter is behind 45 days,cannot locate him,can I take possession of property in building

KY Eviction Laws [ 9 Answers ]

I have been trying to evict someone for months now. I can not afford a lawyer, and her lawyer gets me at every turn. I filed forcible detainer & judge dismissed it due to tech. lawyer found. Please help, what do I have to do get get them out

View more questions Search