Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyking33 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Lightening black hair... help!
    So I have really dark brown hair... it looks black. So I just want to lighten the tips of my hair... I heard that lemon juice works well so I was wondering about the right way to do it and what color the lemon juice would turn my hair... thx!
    Savanitta Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyking33 View Post
    so i have really dark brown hair...it looks black. so i just want to lighten the tips of my hair...i heard that lemon juice works well so i was wondering about the right way to do it and what color the lemon juice would turn my hair...thx!
    I t all depends on how light you want to go . I personally use Naturtint, I am a dark brown level 5. Naturtint will lighten your hair up to 2 shades without ammonia.
    You may want to use a 6N if you are a level 5 this is 1 level lighter.
    Hope this help
    PS: Lemon juice is not the right answer it will dry your hair
    Sunlight oils works on blonde hair.
    Best Naturtint prices at Vitacost
    ashleyking33 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Savanitta View Post
    I t all depends on how light you want to go . I personally use Naturtint, I am a dark brown level 5. Naturtint will lighten your hair up to 2 shades without ammonia.
    You may want to use a 6N if you are a level 5 this is 1 level lighter.
    Hope this help
    PS: Lemon juice is not the right answer it will dry your hair
    Sunlight oils works on blonde hair.
    Best Naturtint prices at Vitacost
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to dye already black hair Jet black with red highlights. What comes first? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My natural color is a natural black or like a 1B and I have some strands of gray that have increased over the last few years. I have finally decided I would like to get a permanent color and go Jet Black. But I would like some red highlights in my crown area (I just recently cut my...

Lightening my hair burnt my skin & wrecked my hair. [ 2 Answers ]

Last September I bleached my hair a lot to get it from black (I had been dying it black with permanent dye for about 2 years) I managed to get it blonde but it was in very bad condition & I had to get about 8 inches of my hair cut off, also burnt all the skin on the back on my neck:( because it was...

Lightening dyed hair tips (tips are almost black) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have medium auburn hair naturally. I dyed my hair a dark auburn but there is a section of my hair where the tips (two inches from root to tip) is almost black. I want to lighten these tips. Would using Peroxide Volume 20 mixed with shampoo do this?

View more questions Search