Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    New2Jesus2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Is there any hope for my ex and me in the future?
    My ex girlfriend and I had a tumultuous relationship. It was only four months but it was nothing but intense passion. We were both very young though. I had serious issues however. I became clingy and more than that I was suffering from extreme depression and the wrong prescription meds. After a fight with her I tried to kill myself by ODing. She was wise enough to realize I needed help and needed to not be leaning on her. She tried to break up with me but I guilted her into giving me another chance. The next day I ran out of gas when she was in the car essentially stranding us. She broke up with me trying to explain she wasn't mad that she just wanted me to get better and perhaps in the future we could try again when I was ready for a relationship. I didn't listen and persisted and ended up causing a lot of needless drama. I finally got the message and decided to give her space.

She said she didn't know what the future held but that I needed to work on myself. I've been in therapy and NA and after she thanked me for the birthday card I sent her I wrote her a letter telling her thank you for saving my life and that I'm doing better. I gave her my new number if ever she wanted to contact me. One of the reasons for the letter is I saw on her social networking pages she would lament about our breakup having a hard time with it herself. Anyway she's off on a new journey in her life to four years of college up north and I'm a little older but am trying to start a career and finish my education as well.

But there still stands that thing we both said of maybe in the future a few years from now possibly. I'm working hard on myself becoming healthier sober fitter I'm getting a new wardrobe and am becoming a follower of Christ something she always wanted me to be. Is it crazy to hold out hope for us in the future? And do I just go NC for four years?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 04:43 PM
    You do nothing until you have a year of clean sober living. Get your own act together. Then see what else life has to offer.
    monsieurjj Posts: 56, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 5, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Just be better, you attract the same people as your are, if you are depressed you attract depressed people. Your girlfriend wasn't able to handle that. I suggest best be prepared who knows what will come along
    here2assist Posts: 101, Reputation: 27

Aug 7, 2012, 10:43 PM
    I would 100% focus on you and getting healthy. Put all your energy into yourself and once you've stabilized perhaps consider a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Latin translations for a future and a hope [ 0 Answers ]

God provides us with a future and a hope

Hope to have a future in singing [ 3 Answers ]

I have no experience in being in shows or anything like that but I really would like to become a singer and become famous. Im turning 18 in May and I really would like to know what I would have to do in order to get to Hollywood? I know this sounds unrealistic but its what I've always wanted. I can...

Hope in the Future [ 10 Answers ]

If my choices are only my own, and God doesn't influence me,. Then what is the point? I am still making bad choices, even though I am more aware and am trying not to. But, I can't change overnight.. I thought God helped us more. I hoped that God would start showing me a better way. I'll be honest....

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

Future Hope [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. For the last few months I have been experiencing that my dreams are coming true. I had a dream few days back that a terrible storm will hit us and it did hit us after few days. And many more dreams have come true. Now, I am having a dream that the world of civilisation is coming to an end....

View more questions Search