012345 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Help! He's coming over tonight to get his stuff what do I say
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 012345 View Post
    Help! He's coming over tonight to get his stuff what do I say
    Have his stuff packed up, answer the door, give him his stuff, and say goodbye.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Have his stuff packed up, answer the door, give him his stuff, and say goodbye.
    What she said.

Jul 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Don't get mad at me for asking this. But what's the reason for doing that
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Don't get mad at me for asking this. But what's the reason for doing that
    It's over.

Jul 29, 2012, 04:30 PM
    We are on a break
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
    break = no contact for two weeks
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Break, breakup, it's really all the same at this point. He's picking up his stuff. Why would he do that if it was only a 2 week break? The reason is so that he doesn't have to contact you again when the two weeks is up and he makes it official. That's the way I'm reading this.

The reason you pack up his things, don't even let him in the house, hand him his stuff and say goodbye, is because you're doing no contact. Even better would be having a mutual friend pick up his stuff for him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Yup. Everything Alty said.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
    So I already have an idea of how this is going to go... tell me if I'm wrong...

You're here asking for our advice and we're giving it to you. Very sound advice really. However, you're not going to listen to it when he comes over, are you?

You'll be back later complaining of or asking us about a new development in the situation and what should you do about it. Right?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Yup. Everything odinn7 said.

(Have you guys done this before?)
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to odinn7 again.

I'd bet you on it, but you'll win.

Jul 29, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to odinn7 again.

I'd bet you on it, but you'll win.
    What does that mean?
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
    What does that mean?
    The red part means that I tried to give Odinn a "helpful answer" reputation, but I recently gave him one and I have to spread the reputation around before I can give him a "helpful answer" rep again.

The second part means that I agree with him, that you will likely not follow any of the advice we've given, and tomorrow, after he comes to pick up his stuff, you'll be back with yet another "I didn't listen, now he's mad, I don't know what to do, is it over" post.

I would make a bet with him that he's wrong, but it's a fools bet, because I'm sure that's exactly what will happen.

I'd love it if you prove me wrong. In other words, I'd love it if you'd actually follow the advice you've been given. But it's not a good bet. So far you haven't done one thing we advised you to do, so it's safe to say that this time won't be any different.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Ahh... but I was able to give you a +1 for your direct and blunt answer, Alty.

I also would like you to prove us wrong and do what we've said but I see that so far, you haven't listened and just made things worse.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ahh...but I was able to give you a +1 for your direct and blunt answer, Alty.

I also would like you to prove us wrong and do what we've said but I see that so far, you haven't listened and just made things worse.
    You were able to rep me because I rarely say anything inspiring, therefore you had plenty of time to spread the rep. ;) Yes, I'm fishing for compliments. Bring it on. :)
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:17 PM
    I do have to say, you amuse me.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I do have to say, you amuse me.
    LMAO! If I had a dime for every guy that's ever said that to me, I'd be rich. Just saying. ;)

Jul 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Well here's what happened.
    He ended it for good. Told me he had something to tell me and said he didn't want to get back in a relationship.

I thought I would be devrstated. Turned out I was relieved he told me an answer. I laughed when he told me it was over. Idk why but I didn't "beg" for him back or try to be like desperate. I just laughed.

He told me that I wasn't reacting the way he thought I would.. Anyway so I just sent him a text after it was all said and done and said thank you for doing it and I wish him the best.

You guys are going to think I'm stupid for saying this but I still have feeling for him and I want someday for him to come back.

He told me that nothing that I did made his decision for him. He kind of just knew he didn't want to be in a relationship anymore.

I plan on not talking to him anymore and haven't even had the urge to do so. But we will bothe be at the same small university at the end of August and we both have the same friends and hang out spots.

Maybe someday we will rekindle. But right now I will just push him out of my mind and move on. Or make it seem like that.
    Pets Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Good for you. At least now you have an answer and you can move on. Don't move on in the hopes of getting him back. Go out, live your life, date other people, and if it happens, it happens. But don't sit around waiting for it to happen. Okay?

I'm proud of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you give boyfriend space he wants [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend has asked me for space. I don't know how to give it to him feely and without being scared he won't come back. He wants the space to re-evaluate him as my boyfriend and see if he can truly swallow some of his pride or beliefs to move in a direction we both want. He loves me so much...

How do I give my boyfriend space to see if he wants me or her [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 8 months now. We are deeply in love. Recently his ex-girlfriend found his unlisted phone number and started texting him trying to get him back. They were together for over 7 years and had a volatile relationship. She was verbally and physically...

My boyfriend wants space, how do I give it to him? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend(22) and I(21) have been together for 1 yr and 6 months. He recently told me that he wants space. He told me that he loves and doesn't want to break up with me, but he wants his space. I truly in love with my boyfriend. We have tried the whole space thing before twice, and we...

How to give my boyfriend space? [ 29 Answers ]

Ok so we have been dating a month and half and Im in love with him.. He needs space because he is under a lot of stress and he doesn't know how to handle it so HOW DO I GIVE HIM HIS SPACE?? Help me... tell me how I give him his space?

Ex won't give me space [ 1 Answers ]

So my ex girlfriend and I have been broken up for about 3 months, although we never gave each other space. First I need to tell you we've known each other almost two years and were always flirting with each other, and then dated for about 4 months long distance. I'm 29 and she's 23, I went to...

View more questions Search