Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DINAPOCORP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Intek 18 hp head bolt sequence
    What is the head bolt tighing sequenc for the briggs&stratton 18 hp intech engine
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Hi,
    The sites that had manuals have had them removed because Briggs cited copyright issues. That said, the torque is 220 in lbs. I would start at the hottest area(exhaust) and tighten 1/3 the way, jump across as close to diagonal as possible and repeat. Continue the back and forth pattern, then repeat tightening to 2/3 and finally fully.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metric bolt head markings [ 0 Answers ]

Suzuki, at least as recently as 2008, has provided a table of standard bolt torques in their motorcycle service manuals that refer to metric bolt head markings. Two values are listed for each bolt size. The first is for Conventional or "4" marked bolt and the second for "7" marked bolt. The...

Husqvarna 524 ST snowthrower head bolt torque [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My snow thrower started making a knock sound under hard load recently... it is only 2 years old very little use... I think perhaps the head bolts are loose... no visible exhaust leaks... and every time I heard the knock I shut it down... any thoughts and anyone know the torque specs for...

Head bolt torque specs [ 3 Answers ]

Blew head gasket on 18.5 horse briggs ohv does anyone know the proper torque specs head bolts Thanks in advance Rick

Head bolt size 95 altima [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing the head gasket on my 95 altima. When I pulled of my valve cover I was supprised to see that they are HEX bolts (damn it! ) I don't have a large set and I'd like to buy just the size I need. So anyone know what size they are? Thanks

View more questions Search