Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Jul 26, 2012, 12:19 AM
    Knowing what to do, but not strong enough. - divorce
    Hi.

It has been ages since I last posted here. I had a happy marriage. It was off to a rocky start. In this process I have grown a lot as a person. So did my wife.
    We battled through drug addiction together. I can ramble on, but let me summarize my situation.

Married 1.5 years. Were engaged 1.5 years. Things were going great. Months passed, no drugs, no violence (she used to hit me with her fist etc.)

3 months ago she said she wanted a divorce. I asked why... she said she misses being single. Partying etc. I begged her to stay.
    2 months ago I eventually found out she was cheating on me with a guy from her work. The very guy that she insulted behind his back... telling me every day what an Ahole this guy is.

I still begged her, lets work on our marriage. Another month passes she says she hasn't stopped cheating and she wants a divorce. Parents, priest and shrink intervenes. We have a group gathering. We talk.

We had to make a call. I said I want to work on my marriage. She said nothing. Staring at the wall. Crying. But not saying a word. Everyone was trying to talk sense into her head, when I realized its pointless. Told them to just leave her alone. We split. She moved in with her mom.

I filed for divorce about 2 weeks ago.
    Now she constantly messages me, phones me and drops by my house. Telling me how much she loves me, she wants to start dating me, she made a mistake. Blah blah blah.

We were married without a prenup or whatever. So mine is hers, hers is mine. I convinced her that we leave the pensions out etc.

My predicament is that until the divorce is final she can start fighting for my money and other stuff. So I am trying to maintain a friendly relationship with her. But its becoming increasingly difficult with her wanting me back now. I want to cut all ties with her and move on with my life. But I am scared things turn ugly before the divorce is final.

A Small part of me wants her back. Simply because dating is so much effort with little reward. Most of me do not want her back because I was begging her to stay, work on it while she was still cheating behind my back.

Having friends is simpler. And frankly I have lost a lot of self confidence during this process. Any advise will be welcome.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
    My advice will depend on what she had and what you had. Are you scarred she will get what you worked for or do you want things she had. That's why your so friendly? Get a good lawyer get what you deserve cut and split.
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Jul 26, 2012, 03:29 AM
    Well the truth is a small part, or big part wants to be with her. It's 50 / 50.
    I want to, but I have been begging for too long. Gave up, and now she wants to work it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Heart - How do I stay strong even though I'm hurting & b strong to stop call him? [ 37 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I were together for over 3++years. Every time we get into an argument or fight he wants to break up. I am so confused and broken. He doesn't seem to care about me. He would turn his phone off for days and I always call him back and he told me so many times that he doesn't want the...

Knowing things will happen before they do. Knowing the truth about a person good/bad. [ 3 Answers ]

I have this ability of seeing things good/bad before they happen. I can read a person without ever knowing the person. I get these feelings good or bad with in a very few minutes. Im very good at knowing someone better than they may know themselves. Even at meeting this person for the first time. ...

How do I file for divorce withouth him knowing about it? [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I have only been married for 2 years. Yet I know I can't live with him and like this anymore. I think that I am still young and don't have to put up with all of this and that I can start a new life again. Let me explain this, I know I must sound naiv. He is very emotionally...

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Divorce without knowing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am married by state, civil law... Is there a way I can divorce without my husband knowing about it,. for some reason he says he can do that??

View more questions Search