Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlwalsh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2004, 01:29 PM
    Backup laptop to desktop using crossover cable
    I want to backup the hard drive on my laptop to the hard drive on my desktop. I have a crossover cable and ethernet ports in each computer. What settings do I need to setup?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2004, 05:52 PM
    Here is a good resource page.
    http://www.cellarstone.com/softcopy/...onnections.htm

You can print the pdf file for handy reference.

Good luck!
    jlwalsh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2005, 05:42 PM
    Worked great. Thanks for the tip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop or Desktop? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, been wanting a computer for some time now. Finally have the money. Which is right for me?? Just want something I can write my college papers on, internet and downloading music. Pretty much it. I'd prefer anything but macs. Any suggestions? Or good sales going on? Don't want to spend too much,...

Plumbing Crossover [ 1 Answers ]

I was in the process of performing minor repairs on my tankless water heater when I realized that I was unable to fully stop the flow of water out of the hot side of my faucets. I then realized that it was cold water flowing from the hot side. The flow is steady and about 1/4 to 3/8 inch in...

Desktop [ 8 Answers ]

While trying to place a shortcut icon for eBay on my desktop, I selected the option to paste to desktop. Now I have a portion of the eBay home page on the desktop and I don't know how to remove it. Need advice please. Thanks.

Desktop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks Could any one tell me how to stop My documents automatically opening when I start up my computer. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search