Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjb52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Do I have to keep all of the security updates in my add/ remove
    I have so many updates and ither things in my add/remove that I am concerned that it may slow down my computors performance. Can I safely remove anything without crashing?
    DELL_deepa Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Hi,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. You can try one step to go to the system control panel and whatever programs you find which are not useful, you can definitely delete them but make sure that those programs are not being used by your system for any major work. Removing programs from your control panel never crashes your system unless those are some or the other way related to registry settings of your system or very important files. Please don't forget to restart your system after you uninstall any program from your system.

For further help please reply.

Thanks and Regards
    Dell_Deepa_R
    Dell Social Media Responder
    https://twitter.com/Dellcares
    http://www.facebook.com/Dell
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jul 28, 2012, 03:04 AM
    OS updates and patches are listed in the add/remove programs in case there is a bad update pushed. If you find out from a reputable source (Microsoft) that an update is bad you can remove it. Otherwise These patches and updates especially security ones have a minimal or no effect on performance, and if it has been patched there is an active exploit in the wild to take advantage of those who have not updated. Do not remove security updated look for other options to increase our system performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Program not in add/remove [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there here we go right a friend of mine has downloaded and antivirus called antivir and it is not in add/remove and you cannot delete the .exe file as she gets access denied and I cannot remember the command line to do it so could someone give me a hand please. Thanks mat

What is (Remove only)? [Add or Remove Programs] [ 2 Answers ]

When I access Add or Remove Programs, I often see '(Remove only)' by the side of some programs, but I don't actually know what it means. If any of you can help me then feel free. Thanks.

Add/remove programe [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a programe from my comp. I have tried to remove it using add/remove programes, but it is still there even though it went thro the remove cycle. The programe is dogs5 which my grandson downloaded & is 450mb.is there any other way I can remove. Any help...

Security updates [ 1 Answers ]

After checking the add & remove program section of my PC, I found a lot of security updates downloaded by MSN. Some were called "Hotfix"? The strange thing is that they are downloaded only on my settings and not my wife's or administrator sections. Why are these programs being downloaded without...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search