Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Jul 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
    When is it 'okay' to commit suicide over problems
    I am learning disabled, unemployed and been looking for work for over a year and a half now. I do not have much work experience. Sigh. I have come to point where I am on public assistance but still unable to pay my utility bills. They are going to shut everything off the day after tomorrow. No air no phone nothing.

I know people have a lot of problems in this world, but I reach my wits end. I try to get on programs to help myself but nothing pans out, just keep getting run around. Family have give me money in the past and cannot ask them anymore. I have no friends.

I want to know when it's considered okay to commit suicide if you cannot handle your outstanding bills and have no ways to remedy them?

Everyone want to say 'oh don't do it,' but yet I have no other solutions.
    ashleyking33 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsticklena View Post
    I am learning disabled, unemployed and been looking for work for over a year and a half now. I do not have much work experience. Sigh. I have come to point where I am on public assistance but still unable to pay my utility bills. they are going to shut everything off the day after tomorrow. no air no phone nothing.

i know people have a lot of problems in this world, but i reach my wits end. i try to get on programs to help myself but nothing pans out, just keep getting run around. family have give me money in the past and cannot ask them anymore. i have no friends.

i want to know when it's considered okay to commit suicide if you cannot handle your outstanding bills and have no ways to remedy them?

everyone want to say 'oh don't do it,' but yet i have no other solutions.
    PLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE DO NOT DO IT!! You would hurt your family and you would hurt me. :( would it be possible to move in with one of your family members? At least you would have a place to live and food to eat, and while you are there you could look up jobs and stuff to get back on your feet :) stay strong

Jul 25, 2012, 05:41 PM
    No I cannot live with them, there's not many of them in the first place but made it clear I cannot stay with them in the past. :(

Also like I said every one say 'don't do it' but I don't care anymores. I have NO other solution for these issue. I really don't care about 'hurting' other people how is that going to help me? It's not. So who cares what they think they are not the ones in my situation. Ty.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Would you do me a favor and wait?
    ashleyking33 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 06:05 PM
    no i cannot live with them, there's not many of them in the first place but made it clear i cannot stay with them in the past. :(

also like i said every one say 'don't do it' but i don't care anymores. i have NO other solution for these issue. i really don't care about 'hurting' other people how is that going to help me? it's not. so who cares what they think they are not the ones in my situation. ty.
    Your right, not hurting people isn't going to help you but I wanted you to know that you mean something to someone. :) would it be possible to go to a homeless shelter? :/

Jul 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
    I have got money from an agency to fix this problem! If I had commit suicide I never would have fix it. But every time I have a problem I cannot fix my mind just goes to suicide. Do not know how to stop this. Sigh. Ty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 04:01 PM
    The issue here is, if you are on government assitance, you can get a free phone, ask your case working, You should get food stamps, medicaid and so on. So you may have to find a boarding or rooming house, even a shelter, but we all have to start over somewhere

Jul 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Yes I need learn to start over but just want to give up instead
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
    People who live through suicide attempts always are grateful because they realize their problems weren't as bad as they seemed. Pick up the phone and call a suicide hotline. The operator can connect you. I bet they can refer you to the services you need. Please live!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
    yes i need learn to start over but just want to give up instead

I don't understand how you can be suicidal here and over here (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...-686278-2.html) concerned about your sexuality and dating.

At any rate I'm sure you've heard it all. My best friend killed herself (suicide doesn't even come close to describing it - she KILLED herself) and has left scars on all of us, her friends, her family. Maybe you care about the people around you, maybe you don't.

Would her problems have resolved themselves - I'll never know. Neither will she.

And the World lost a good person who was having a bad time.

Jul 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't understand how you can be suicidal here and over here (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...-686278-2.html) concerned about your sexuality and dating.

At any rate I'm sure you've heard it all. My best friend killed herself (suicide doesn't even come close to describing it - she KILLED herself) and has left scars on all of us, her friends, her family. Maybe you care about the people around you, maybe you don't.

Would her problems have resolved themselves - I'll never know. Neither will she.

And the World lost a good person who was having a bad time.

You don't understand it but I do. You can be both suicidal and still have to live in this world with these people everyday and concern yourself with the samethings they do until you do die.

Sorry hears about your best friend. Nothing I can really say about her situation because I don't know her or her circumstance why she believe it was in her best intersest kill herself.
    Education Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Are you taking any medications to deal with Asperger's?

Jul 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
    There is no medications for a.s. I take a depression medicine and anti anxiety medicine. That's it
    Education Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
    You may need an adjustment on your meds if you are suicidal and on depression and anti-anxiety meds.

Jul 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
    They always adjusts them and doesn't matter never does anything anyway.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
    they always adjusts them and doesnt matter never does anything anyway.

You have a negative response to every suggestion. I do agree with the other thread - you don't want help.

You just want to feel sorry for yourself.

Are you going to lose computer access when your utiities go off?

Jul 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You have a negative response to every suggestion. I do agree with the other thread - you don't want help.

You just want to feel sorry for yourself.

Are you going to lose computer access when your utiities go off?

It wasn't a 'negative' response it was the damn truth. Like I said in the other thread I don't know what your problem is and don't care. If you don't want to stay on the topics here then go to ANOTHER THREAD, instead of telling me what I "just want to do," which you have no idea what you're talking about anyway because you are not me. Has nothing to do with the other peoples posts here, instead it's just creating a useless back and forth with you.
    Education Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
    it wasnt a 'negative' response it was the damn truth. like i said in the other thread i dont know what your problem is and don't care. if you don't want to stay on the topics here then go to ANOTHER THREAD, instead of telling me what I "just want to do," which you have no idea what you're talking about anyways b/c you are not me.
    I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but you came to ask for our help/advice. We are not paid to help. We tried to help you, but you don't seem to want any advice. I have worked with many people with Asperger's. With meds helping control symptoms and counseling, they have gone on to lead productive lives. If your meds aren't helping, and you truly do need help, see a new Dr.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
    they always adjusts them and doesnt matter never does anything anyway.
    Which meds are you taking and at what dosage?

Are you going for counseling at least once a week?

Jul 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but you came to ask for our help/advice. We are not paid to help. We tried to help you, but you don't seem to want any advice. I have worked with many people with Asperger's. With meds helping control symptoms and counseling, they have gone on to lead productive lives. If your meds aren't helping, and you truly do need help, see a new Dr.
    Like I said I didn't have a problem with your suggesting but what do you expect me to pretend like I haven't tried that a few times? That's why I told the truth and said I did already. I had a problem with that lady coming in here going off topic and insulting me, telling me what I want and think when she have no idea what's she talking about.

I know people say the aspergers people other then myself go on and lead great lives get married etc. but its always someone else story not mine no matter what I try. I think my time better invested at this point in purchasing a gun to get off this planet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Want to commit suicide [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so let me tell you why I am asking this question and why I am here.I'll try and tell you my story in brief although it is very long. When I completed 13 I became very rude to my sisters(this is the start,this got worse in the years to come). I started using all the physical strength that I...

Why do I want to commit suicide [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep wishing that I could have the courage to kill myself?

I want to commit suicide [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend proposed me six month ago.but now after having sex he told me that he is not interested on me any more.he is not enjoying our sex life.he is not satisfied with me.he abuse me every day and also slang me with bad words.now he want to break up with me.what can I do now??

He tried to commit suicide [ 5 Answers ]

My 23 year old cousin tried to commit suicide the other day. He slit his wrist, ended up hitting two majot veins and a major artery and had to get 30 staples to stop the bleeding. He is over 8 hours away, but I want to try everything I can to help him. I offered him my support many times, made...

View more questions Search