Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Jul 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Which meds are you taking and at what dosage?

Are you going for counseling at least once a week?

Hereis the medicines I took before: pritiq, cymbalta. And now I take wellbutrin250mg. And I also takes vistaril 50mg

I go for the therapy with this woman and I don't like the cbt she is trying to do on me. It's just so stupid honestly. I am tired of trying now. Sigh.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsticklena View Post
    hereis the medicines i took before: pritiq, cymbalta. and now i take wellbutrin250mg. and i also takes vistaril 50mg

i go for the therapy with this woman and i dont like the cbt she is trying to do on me. it's just so stupid honestly. i am tired of trying now. sigh.
    Why don't you like the CBT?

Do you take your meds when you are supposed to and the right amount, or do you play around with taking them?

Jul 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
    I don't like the cbt because okay it's a type of therapy that she does. In it she tells me how to changes my thoughts and keep insist that I am in control of all of them. I am tired of trying to control my thoughts. Its so stupid. She says other people can do it but I can't DO IT. It's just frustrating and I don't want to hear anymore about the cbt. But that's all she wants to talk about to me.

I used to play around with the medications but I do not do that for like a year now. Its just frustration with this world and not fitting in anywheres. And also I get tired of people "oh you feels sorry for yourself." I'm tired of it since they know it all why do I bother being in this world with them then.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:11 PM
    How often do you meet with her? Does she come to your house?

Jul 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
    What are you some kind of doctor wondergirl and know about this therapy and medications or something?

Now she talk for over 5 month about group therapy and how I need to TRY something and try it. Okay so I do it and once again it don't work out. Dead ends

Jul 27, 2012, 05:13 PM
    I goes to her once a week. I go to the office where she's at and where the doctor that gives me the medicine is at. They are in a building in my town.

I have come to believe life is for some people and not others. The ones its not for should just get it over with and stop trying to be a part of it because its never going to happen.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
    What do you think you need help with as the #1 thing?

Jul 27, 2012, 05:23 PM
    I am 32 wondergirls. I just wanted to be a part of the normal life. Instead of watching everyone else. That's all. I couldn't ever figure it out so now I don't want to be bothered with it anymore. Ty
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Okay. Does the counselor know that? And she thinks CBT will make it happen?

Does your counselor know that she is supposed to get involved with you and stuff that she wants you to do? She can't just sit there in her cushy office and tell you how she thinks your life can get better by changing your thinking. She has to move her butt and get physically involved. If she wants you to go horseback riding, then as a CBT counselor, she has to go with you and ride a horse too. If she wants you to volunteer at a nursing home, she has to go with you and volunteer too and show you the ropes. She is your counselor and your real-time coach. I know this. I used to be a CBT counselor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 05:51 PM

Does your counselor know that she is supposed to get involved with you and stuff that she wants you to do? She can't just sit there in her cushy office and tell you how she thinks your life can get better by changing your thinking. She has to move her butt and get physically involved. If she wants you to go horseback riding, then as a CBT counselor, she has to go with you and ride a horse too. If she wants you to volunteer at a nursing home, she has to go with you and volunteer too and show you the ropes. She is your counselor and your real-time coach. I know this. I used to be a CBT counselor.

What's a CBT counselor? I really don't know.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Cognitive-behavioral Therapy (CBT) --

cognitive = thinking
    behavioral = actions

Change the way a person thinks about something so that person's actions will change.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Cognitive-behavioral Therapy (CBT) --

cognitive = thinking
    behavioral = actions

Change the way a person thinks about something so that person's actions will change.

Off to read up - thanks.

Jul 28, 2012, 02:15 PM

She don't get out of the office and go do nothing like that with me. She cant. She have client after me I go for one hour a week. She justs is tell me to snap a rubberband when I have negative thought and replace with positive thoughts. But I can't do it. I am tired of trying to lie to myself.

It is too late for me to be a normal part of life wondergirl. Don't you see that? I am now too old and out of the game for any men to want me and also I don't have friends and don't want them. So what's the point of living.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
    It is your responsibility as a paying client to snap this counselor into reality. She is not doing what she should be doing. Snapping a rubber band on your wrist is pathetic and apparently doesn't help you. It's no wonder you feel hopeless!

The next time you see her, I want you to do what I advised my clients to do with me when something wasn't working for them -- raise your hand up in the air and say "Stop! This isn't working for me! This counseling isn't helping me!" When she recovers from her shock, I'm hoping she will begin to ask you honest questions and figure out a better and more effective way to do the counseling.

Let me know what happened.

Jul 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
    I don't want to causes trouble and tell her how to do her job though. I am not trained therapist in anything.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
    I don't want to causes trouble and tell her how to do her job though. i am not trained therapist in anything.
    No, you are the client. Do you pay her money for therapy? You are the customer, the consumer. It is your responsibility to tell her this is not working for you. She needs to know that so she can adjust how she does counseling with you. Otherwise, you are not being fair to her.

This is not to cause trouble. It is to help your therapy.

If you don't, she is clueless and you are angry and hopeless. Nothing positive gets done.

Jul 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
    No I do not pay money I am on assistance until I can find someone hire me. She's a nice lady and everything.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
    no i do not pay money i am on assistance until i can find someone hire me. shes a nice lady and everything.
    But you are not a happy client who is improving.

Jul 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Well wondergirl that's why I think I should just quit the therapy. It doesn't seem working for me I been in it for 2 and a half years now. Everybody else I knows my age is married have kids or live in partners or whatever and good jobs. I did what I could to try and make it happen for myself but it doesn't work out ever. I don't believe there's much hope for myself anymore. Its simply too late to try and fix anything now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
    well wondergirl thats why i think i should just quit the therapy. it doesnt seem working for me
    Therapy isn't working for you because you and the therapist are working against each other. Does she know you are not happy with the therapy? She needs to know that.

And don't you dare quit! You are still very young with plenty of time ahead of you to make this work better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Want to commit suicide [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so let me tell you why I am asking this question and why I am here.I'll try and tell you my story in brief although it is very long. When I completed 13 I became very rude to my sisters(this is the start,this got worse in the years to come). I started using all the physical strength that I...

Why do I want to commit suicide [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep wishing that I could have the courage to kill myself?

I want to commit suicide [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend proposed me six month ago.but now after having sex he told me that he is not interested on me any more.he is not enjoying our sex life.he is not satisfied with me.he abuse me every day and also slang me with bad words.now he want to break up with me.what can I do now??

He tried to commit suicide [ 5 Answers ]

My 23 year old cousin tried to commit suicide the other day. He slit his wrist, ended up hitting two majot veins and a major artery and had to get 30 staples to stop the bleeding. He is over 8 hours away, but I want to try everything I can to help him. I offered him my support many times, made...

View more questions Search