Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RainbowChior Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 01:33 PM
    What to do and say when your boyfriend went to the pool with my best friend and her boyfriend?
    Im 14. My friend mikayla and I are datin these two guys devin and eric. I was dating Devin and mikayla was datin Eric but then we both broke up and now I'm dating Eric and mikayla is dating devin. So eric invited me to go swimming (july 25) I asked my mom if I could go swimming with mikayla only (my parents don't allow me to go out and hangout with guys,so I have to lie to them just to say a girl friend) my mom said I couldn't go today. So I told eric I couldn't go today. Later on I found out that mikayla,eric, and devin are all at the pool swimming togther without me. Im afraid eric might be all over mikayla just cause I'm not there, and that eric and devin might both be kissing mikayla and stuff. This has happened before (them 3 going swimming without me) with mikayla, eric, and devin but it was when I was dating devin. Devin didn't do anything with mikayla, thankfully,but because eric used to date mikayla I'm afraid he still might have feeling for her and mikayla might still have feeling for eric. Im afriad they will be all lovely dovey on each other even with devin there. There still swimming right now but I'm very worried cause I really like eric. Plez help and reply fast!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2012, 01:52 PM
    What do you do? NOTHING. What do you say? You say 'Did you have a good time? Tell me all about it.'
    If you are going to get jealous over something like this, you are destroying any hope of a happy relationship with your best friend and your boyfriend of the moment. Notice I didn't say best friend of the moment.. she is far more important than any of this musical chairs with guys, that may seem like it's the love to end all loves, but it will fade as fast as summer flowers.
    Since she's your friend you can tell her you try not to be jealous and talk about it.
    Jealousy is a poison.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Last week you posted that you had met these two guys at the mall and were dating the other guy. Your mom wouldn't let you go then either. Now you are dating the other guy? Aren't you 14 and these guys are about 16 and 17. You seriously need to listen to your mom. These guys are too old for you and they shouldn't be hanging out with a girl so young.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
    I don't know why you posted another question on this same topic except maybe you two young girls have switched boy friends.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...er-683909.html
    You two don't even know these guys and you're too young to be going anywhere with them, too young to be dating.
    You need to listen to your mom and tell your girl friend she is headed for trouble.

Aug 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
    To young?? No way!

Aug 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Last week you posted that you had met these two guys at the mall and were dating the other guy. Your mom wouldn't let you go then either. Now you are dating the other guy? Aren't you 14 and these guys are about 16 and 17. You seriously need to listen to your mom. These guys are too old for you and they shouldn't be hanging out with a girl so young.

Yes,my mom wouldn't let me go to the mall that day cause we had other things to do. It doesn't matter to us about age,unless its like me dating a 20 year old! (noooo way! ) my mom is wayyyy to strict, and I need to get some freedoms here,but for now she won't know.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowChior View Post
    yes,my mom wouldn't let me go to the mall that day cause we had other things to do. It doesn't matter to us about age,unless its like me dating a 20 year old! (noooo way!!) my mom is wayyyy to strict, and i need to get some freedoms here,but for now she won't know.
    This alone shows how young and immature you are.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
    These guys are way to old to be hanging out with your and your friend. I hope your mom finds out before you get yourself into trouble.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 05:39 PM
    yes,my mom wouldn't let me go to the mall that day cause we had other things to do. It doesn't matter to us about age,unless its like me dating a 20 year old! (noooo way!!) my mom is wayyyy to strict, and i need to get some freedoms here,but for now she won't know.
    Boy oh boy, it's like playing a video tape (sorry, CD) of my past.

It's actually creepy, I've been exactly where you are. My ex at 14 was my bff's boyfriend that she dumped, and her boyfriend was my ex that I dumped, and swimming, that's what we did every weekend at 14. We'd go swimming because our parents wouldn't allow us to date. Riding our bikes to the only place in town that had swimming, every Saturday.

My ex then, still a friend from when I was 14, I'm 41 now. We're probably still friends because he had an aneurism 14 years ago and doesn't really remember who I am. Then again, he has to be reminded that his 14 year old son is his son every day.

I married someone else. Why? Because I was 14 then! 14 year olds don't know anything. I didn't have the sense God gave a goat back then! I know it now, but back then I thought I knew it all. You think you know it all too. You know nothing at all.

Sorry, but you're 14. You don't have a clue about anything. We should know, we've all been your age, and we didn't know anything back then either.

I thought my mom was too strict too. Turns out, she was a mom, and adult, someone that had the common sense I didn't have when I was 14. Thankfully she stepped in. Wish she had stepped in more, but you can't change what you don't know about. My bad, not hers.

I now have an almost 14 year old son, less than a month from now he'll be 14.

He doesn't have any sense either. No 14 year old does.

My advice? Listen to your mom. You're 14, you know nothing. Mom was 14 once, and she survived, like me. She knows more than you do, and really, one day you'll be very grateful she was strict.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
    to young????????? no way!

Well, there's the final answer about the OP's level of maturity -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

Present pool screening does not pass enough sunlight to heat the pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an in ground pool with a screen enclosure. It seems that the present charcoal colored screen material shades the pool to the extent that there is not enough heating of the water to comfortably use the pool even during the month of August. Is there any screen material which will pass a...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

View more questions Search