Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234ozzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
    2003 ford diesel problems
    2003 ford f250 diesel smokes white until warmed up then almost none doesn't overheat doesn't pressure up but cosumes lots of anti freeze ? Head gasket, turbo,cracked head ?
    streak 42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 11:39 PM
    It is your head gasket. When your car is cold the metal is contracted so it allows a lot more anti freeze to enter your cumbustion chamber(s) when the engine warms up the metal expands, possibly enough to self seal any leaks that may be there.
    Chris Walls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
    My 2003, f250 diesel was running and I shut it off to go in a store. When I came out it had no power and shut down. It would restart and blow white smoke and run for a little then shut off again. Any answers?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 06:49 AM
    White smoke is a sign of water vapor or fuel that has been atomized, but not burned. Water vapor may be present in the fuel, or water may be leaking into the cylinders from the cooling system. Also, air in the fuel can cause white smoke. White smoke usually occurs when there is not enough heat to burn the fuel. The unburned fuel particles go out the tailpipe and typically produce a rich fuel smell. It's not unusual to see white smoke in the exhaust, during cold weather, until the engine warms up. Bad glow plugs (burned out, coated with carbon, or not receiving proper start-up voltage) or a faulty glow plug control module can cause white smoke on engine start up. Low engine cranking speed may also produce white smoke. If white smoke is visible after the engine has warmed up, the engine may have one or more bad injectors, retarded injection timing, or worn injection pump. Low compression can also be a source of white smoke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 ford f250 diesel problems? [ 5 Answers ]

2003 ford f250 diesel hard starting and lots of smoke after it starts. Also no power.

2003 ford 6.0 diesel problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 f250 6.0 diesel. It has 81,000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. I have never used a performance chip and I don't tow much. I was wondering what the chances where I would have a headbolt problem?

2003 ford f250 diesel problems [ 0 Answers ]

Hi thank you for the membership, I'm working on a 2003 Ford f250 diesel 6.0 engine. Engine crankover but won't start, has fuel pressure all the way to the cylinder heads injectors, the signal for the injectors is not there, and it runs with starting fluid spray into the intake. Runs good till it...

Ford diesel 2003 problems 6 liter [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a 2004 V10 f350 or 2003 6.0L diesel f350 but have heard nothing but bad things about both engines V10 gas hog with no power and the 2003 - 2005 6.0L problems widely known. Considering nothing else is available in my price range, which is worse/better?

View more questions Search