Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guelphdoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Millivolt Thermostat cycling too rapidly
    Hi,
    I have a Honeywell "CT43-A-4440" 750 millivolt thermostat controlling our gas fireplace - but of course I've lost the owner's manual :o (I can't find the manual on the Honeywell site either)

My problem - the thermostat calls for heat correctly but once the room has reached the target temperature it cycles the fireplace off and on rapidly 10-15 times. By "cycling" I mean it calls for flame, then a second later it shuts it down again.

There's a small screw inside the thermostat that I suspect is an adjustment but I'm not sure which way to turn it, how far to turn it, etc. (or even if the screw is what I need to adjust).

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:23 PM
    I would say if it has been working fine for a while, you don't need to adust it, replace it with a new millivolt thermostat gold contacts are better
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 09:29 PM
    There is a sticky in the Electrical forum with links to thermostat manuals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help Losing Weight Rapidly [ 3 Answers ]

My family member has a 7 yr old indoor rottweiler and he has begun to lose weight rapidly and stopped eating. As of one month ago he was a seemingly healthy dog, a little over weight and lazy. I would say he has lost 25lbs in about 1 month. There is also a large bump on the top of his head,...

Dog losing weight rapidly [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 year old dog, recently discovered is blind, is llosing weight rapidly. She defintily eatss What could be the cause? What can I do ?

24v Thermostat to Millivolt Propane Fireplace Insert [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing a millivolt thermostat that controls my Regency Fireplace insert. Coming off the insert are two wires that when connected together open the gas valve and the fireplace insert begins operation. I purchased a new thermostat that allows me to call the thermostat...

Not cycling properly [ 2 Answers ]

My fan and gas shuts off after only a few minutes in the heating cycle and restarts again shortly, only to shut off again... and so on. I think it's the fan limit switch but don't know if I should replace it or try adjusting the limit. Any advice??

View more questions Search