Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zmonicae Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Child support
    If u have full costody and apply for child support is the father entitled or able to know the address of mothers residence by child support. And if father is unemployed I heard he does jail time? How long is that for?

Jul 24, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Applying for child support
    How long does the application process last for?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmonicae View Post
    How long does the application process last for?

What application process?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
    First ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Second, father's are rarely jailed for not paying support. Generally only if there is a willful attempt to dodge support.

In most cases support is handled through an agency, so the payments are made to an agency and forwarded to the custodial parent. If there is good reason for the father to not know where the mother and child are, it can be kept secret, but it has to be a good reason.

The application process varies depending on where you are, what the case load and other factors.

Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
    Thanks, and I live in Texas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support, I have other kids I pay child support for? [ 2 Answers ]

I have another child outside my first three, will NEW YORK take my other child into consideration when ordering me to pay for my first three.

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

View more questions Search