Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rerats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
    How long does an hourly employee who works parttime have to wait to be paid?
    My son works about 15 hours a week at a private country club and he has not received a paycheck in 4 weeks. Do they have a right to delay his pay?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
    No. But paydays need to be defined for the job. Its possible he is scheduled to be monthly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Yes, he needs to ask when are paydays, when are pay periods, if he started for example on the first day of a new pay period, and they are paid every two weeks, he would not get a pay check the first pay date, since that check would be paid the next. So going 3 to 4 weeks for pay is very common.

He just needs to ask them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

How long can an employer wait to pay an employee in al [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was leased on as a driver to a company in al. his last paycheck should have been on the 23rd of July. The man isn't paying the was he is suppose to. How long does he have to pay what he owes to us.

Salaried employee being paid hourly [ 1 Answers ]

When I was hired, I was told that I would be paid salary. 90 days into my job the topic came up again and my company realized that they have been paying me hourly all along. Instead of fixing the mistake the kept treating me like an hourly employee and even though I asked them to pay me like all...

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

View more questions Search