Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ednaidaly Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Is my belly piercing infected?
    So I got my belly piercing this spring break & it was fine then I went to a party & since it was formal and you could see my piercing through my dress I took it out. I didn't know you were supposed to wait 1 year for it to heal. Then my belly piercing closed and I waited until the beginning of summer to get it re-pierced. I did, then I noticed that the top part of my piercing had like a bump I don't know how to explain it, I guess it looks like a pimple but its not. It doesn't hurt but sometimes I get puss & blood its rare when blood comes out but puss does come out often. I went to my piercing shop and asked what to do and they told me to crush 1 pill BAYER a day and soak it in water and then put it around the bump everyday for 5 days.. I've done it for a while now and its still there. What do I do? Is it infected?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ednaidaly View Post
    So I got my belly piercing this spring break & it was fine then I went to a party & since it was formal and you could see my piercing through my dress I took it out. I didn't know you were supposed to wait 1 year for it to heal. Then my belly piercing closed and I waited until the beginning of summer to get it re-pierced. I did, then I noticed that the top part of my piercing had like a bump I don't know how to explain it, I guess it looks like a pimple but its not. It doesn't hurt but sometimes I get puss & blood its rare when blood comes out but puss does come out often. I went to my piercing shop and asked what to do and they told me to crush 1 pill BAYER a day and soak it in water and then put it around the bump everyday for 5 days..I've done it for a while now and its still there. What do I do? Is it infected?

Strange advice - Bayer aspirin?

Anyway, I'd see a Physician. It very well might be infected.

I wouldn't fool around with it.

What was the time frame between taking it out and putting it back in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

What do I do if my belly piercing is infected? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 5 days ago and now I've noticed it seems to be weeping, like a little bit of yellow goo is coming out on to the bar, I clean it like 3 times a day, is this too much? And how do I stop all this yellow stuff coming out? Also does that mean its infected?

Is my belly piercing infected? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced at the end of May. Now it is October and the area where it was pierced is black and sometimes it get stuck still. I have to move it around and when I hit it, sometimes but not all the time, it still hurts. Why is it taking so long to heal?

Infected belly piercing! [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have had my belly button pierced for almost a year. This summer I noticed my bellybutton getting to be kind of infected so I cleaned it with salt water like people say and stupidly didn't pay attention to it. Well now it is turned from going straight up and down to being...

Is my belly piercing infected? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey.. I got my belly pierced like 4 days ago and I have been cleaning it faithfully 3 times a day with dial soap & bactine. Well on the top part of the piercing I'm starting to notice a little tiny bump. Its really small, you can hardly notice it but I don't know what it is and I'm beginning to...

View more questions Search