Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvangels2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
    Is it legal to keep a felon from moving from one state to another
    My son is on probation for 25 years. He is in a re-hab program and is currently working in another state. His wife has attained a job at the same facility and has retained a residence... so he wants to move his probation there and keep his job. His probation officer here is refusing to let him transfer. Is that legal for them to keep him from transferring his probation... they want to put him in prison so bad here because they know that we are fighting to clear his name and they are so corrupt here... please if you know of some way to fight this.. please help me and let me know... he is only 23 and has 21 more years...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luvangels2 View Post
    My son is on probation for 25 years. He is in a re-hab program and is currently working in another state. His wife has attained a job at the same facility and has retained a residence...so he wants to move his probation there and keep his job. His probation officer here is refusing to let him transfer. Is that legal for them to keep him from transferring his probation...they want to put him in prison so bad here because they know that we are fighting to clear his name and they are so corrupt here...please if you know of some way to fight this..please help me and let me know...he is only 23 and has 21 more years...

Yes, the Judge (and PO) get to make the rules. He's on 25 years probation?

His wife has retained their residence? So was somewhere and now he's somewhere else?

Is there any particular reason that everyone is after your son?

What is the charge against him that caused him to get 25 years probation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
    The only way you can get his probation moved is by going to court. You have to get a court to override the PO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex is moving a guy in with her that is a convicted felon can she still have visit [ 0 Answers ]

My ex wife lives out of state. I have primary and physical custody of our 2 yr old son. In the past I have let her have him for extended stays (one week visits). She has now moved a guy in with her that is on probation for 3 more years and is a convicted felon (3 DUI). Should this influence my...

Moving out of state with sole legal and sole physical custody (California) [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently residing in California and currently have sole legal and physical custody of my ex's and I's 2 children. He, unfortunately, and not to bash, is a very bad alcoholic and even going to court this month for drunk in public and disorderly conduct (again). My current husband and I are...

Laws in MS concerning moving out of state with joint physical/legal custody [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what the laws are concerning a parent moving out of state when they have joint physical/legal custody with child spending equal time with both? I have been told that parent moving must notify the other parent in writing and that parent has a certain amount of time to...

Legal consequences for unmarried mother moving to another state [ 2 Answers ]

If a woman has a baby with her physically and mentally abusive boyfriend, can she move to another state or does she need to do anything legally first in order to take the baby and move?

View more questions Search