Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dazednconfused2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Sexual drought in steady relationship.
    Ok, so I've read a lot of similar posts over the last few months hoping and praying someone would be in my situation and would have found a solution. Unfortunately, every scenario is just that little different - but in relationships I figure that little is a lot.

So I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 23, we're been together for just over a year now and we're incredibly happy, for the most part. Over the passed few months our sexual relations have truly taken a dive. I have no real idea why.

Firstly, before the scare mongering kicks in, I'm almost 100% certain he is not cheating on me, I know he isn't stressed, he isn't trying to stop smoking or drinking but he does like to smoke the odd spliff here and there.

The problem doesn't seem to be a complete lack of interest, just as if sex is the farthest thing from his mind. No matter what I do he doesn't seem to pick up on the idea I want to have sex. This can include lying next to him naked whilst kissing at his belt line.. he won't twig, and he isn't stupid so it feels more like he's trying to avoid it - which naturally causes me to roll over hurt and upset, feeling worthless and unattractive. However, if it is on his mind he is first to let me know, although this only seems to happen bimonthly now.

I just don't really know where I'm going wrong...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dazednconfused2 View Post
    Ok, so I've read a lot of similar posts over the last few months hoping and praying someone would be in my situation and would have found a solution. Unfortunately, every scenario is just that little different - but in relationships I figure that little is a lot.

So I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 23, we're been together for just over a year now and we're incredibly happy, for the most part. Over the passed few months our sexual relations have truly taken a dive. I have no real idea why.

Firstly, before the scare mongering kicks in, I'm almost 100% certain he is not cheating on me, I know he isn't stressed, he isn't trying to stop smoking or drinking but he does like to smoke the odd spliff here and there.

The problem doesn't seem to be a complete lack of interest, just as if sex is the farthest thing from his mind. No matter what I do he doesn't seem to pick up on the idea i want to have sex. This can include lying next to him naked whilst kissing at his belt line.. he won't twig, and he isnt stupid so it feels more like hes trying to avoid it - which naturally causes me to roll over hurt and upset, feeling worthless and unattractive. However, if it is on his mind he is first to let me know, although this only seems to happen bimonthly now.

I just don't really know where I'm going wrong...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You've been in an intimate relationship for over a year. Ask him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

How to have a non sexual relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having a relationship with a guy that has been my friend and I'm very spiritual and close to god I feel soguilty after sex because fall into it knowing its wrong I want to live right and pleasing to god so must I just not have a relationship causei feel even if I'm married I will feel this way

Sexual relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Is it true that, if you are 16 it is legal for you to have a sexual relationship with anyone up to 4 years older then you?

Non-Sexual Relationship, but what else is there? [ 16 Answers ]

Here's a little background information to help you understand. I have been "dating" my boyfriend for 9 months. I say "dating" because we have had an extremely rough relationship for 2 years, but officially dating for 9 months. But that's a whole other story. Another thing, we are in a semi-long...

Sexual relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Could I say that my girlfriend had sex with anybody before me?

View more questions Search