Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ireland1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
    What constitues debt acknowledgement to re start the statute of limitations?
    Hi,
    I have a credit card debt with MBNA that has been with FDR collection agency now for the last 1 1/2 years. The last payment I made towards this debt was to MBNA in October 2010. Upon reading the statute of limitations I see that any acknowledgement of the debt re starts the 2 year limitation. Although I have not made any payments since Oct. 2010 I did email FDR a letter in September 2011 asking to settle for a smaller amount. They refused. Does this constitute acknowledgement? What exactly constitutes acknowledgment?
    Also, what are the chances of a collection agency bringing me to court if they have let it go this long? The original amount owing with MBNA was $23,000 and now with FDR the collection agency it is up to $35,000.

Thank you for your time

OO

Check out some similar questions!

Debt statute of limitations [ 4 Answers ]

I read some great information here on void judgments and I am going to look into this. My question is what is the statute of limitations for debt. I received two debt judgments against me over eight years ago that were never paid. Can they still try to collect? If I get the judgments vacated are...

Statute of Limitations re: Debt [ 5 Answers ]

Good afternoon, I live in Ontario, Canada, and my question pertains to the Statute of Limitations law on debt collection applicable in this province. On April 15, 2003, I was given a Post-Dated cheque as payment for a debt. The cheque was Post-Dated for April 15, 2004. Approximately six...

Statute of limitations on a debt? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how far back a creditor can go back to collect on a debt? As I've stated before on here, I am being sued for a credit card debt, a credit card that I never applied for, received, had possession of or used. But they are saying the last activity was over four years ago. I was...

MD statute of limitations on debt [ 1 Answers ]

When does the 3 year period for the debt statute of limitations on credit card debt begin, at last payment or when it is charged off? Thanks!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.