Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lula_fifi Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Stuck on him...
    So I have another question currently posted on here, and I thought that, I had received such great responses, I would post this one. It's probably bigger and continuous, so here I go...

I'm 16, and 4 years ago, when I was 10 (a few weeks before my 11th birthday) me and my parents went to a gig in Paris to watch a band that my dad managed. They're a French band, and their drummer is 3 years older than me, he was 14 at the time. From the moment I saw him, I think I just compeletly fell in love with him (or any equvilaent), and this feeling has never gone away. I have only ever seen him 3 times in my life, that one time at the gig, then a year later when they came to our house and a couple of days later when we went to another gig of theirs. I haven't seen him since, but there are always these feelings for him, deep in my heart, and no matter how many people I date (two boys and two girsl), it always comes back to him, and it is kind of reassuring to me that I always have this love for someone which quite clearly is not going away.

I don't know that he has any feelings for me, I knew his band mates teased him about me when we were younger, but I don't truly know. I sent him an email via MySpace 2 years ago telling him that I had a crush on him, after my friends all persuaded me too. I know that he read it, but he didn't reply. This just makes me more negative about these feelings I have. As I say, he is French, and lives in France, and can speak fluent English. I can't speak French, I have tried to learn it, I've always had this passion for the language and the country, but I learnt Spanish at school, and couldn't take a different language. I feel like this is a barrier, an imaginary one, of course, but I can feel it. I also don't know when I am going to see him again, or if I am ever going to. I want to go to the city he lives in and see him, if I had my way I would move there. I always dream that he will come to the city I live in to go to University, and then we can be together, but I know how unrealistic this is. I go on his Facebook occasionally - I'm not his friend on Facebook - just to kind of check up on him, which seems kind of stalkish now, but his Relationship Status is always single, which, as stupid as it is, gives me some hope. However I know that he now has a girlfriend and is living with her.

My parents always used to tease me about him up until about 2 years ago, saying how we loved each other and were going to get married and such, I never used to humour them, feeling to embarrassed to actually admit that I did like him. My dad - who went on tour with them for a week or so - told me how his bandmates teased him about me, and how he blushed and became embarrassed. There was once incident went I was on the phone to my dad went he was on tour with them, and he put one of the bandmates on the phone, who I was close to, and he said (I've put fake names in, I hope you don't mind) "Oh Sophie, James wants to tell you something" and then put him on the phone and he was like "Oh no I dont sorry", fast and embarrassed. This is a terrible example, please excuse me. There are a few more examples, but I don't want to bore you.

A part of me thinks that what I feel for him is so real, and that one day we will be together, and another part of me thinks I'm stupid. I am prepared to wait for him, I have waited for him since I met him, and I know a little longer won't hurt, but there is a part of me which thinks that maybe I will never see him again, maybe all of these feelings I have are being wasted on him. When I get a crush on someone, say at my school (I have come to the conclusion that I am bi-sexual) I don't think about him as much, which I think it good, because that means that it hurts less. I also often get sudden surges of feelings for him, now being one as I had an odd dream about him last night.

I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2012, 11:54 AM
    He lives far away, and you don't even know him on a personal level. This can easily be diagnosed as a crush. A crush that is going and has gone too far.

You need to accept the fact that, unless he decides to move near you and you actually get to know him, then all the things you're dreaming about are unlikely to happen. Realize that this is only a crush and move on.
    PandoraYuki Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
    It sounds like infatuation. I was infatuated with a gay boy once and I swore I loved him. All I can say is to cut yourself off from this person of you won't be able to move on like I did. It gets easier.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
    You are infatuated with this guy. A one- sided crush. He never responded when you sent him that message and he has a girl friend.
    You will likely not see him again and if you did nothing will come of it.
    Focus on relationships where you are.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Until you spend time with him, as everyone else has stated, it's infatuation. He knows how to contact you, and doesn't. Move on with your life and enjoy the people you actually know and spend time with.
    jay-stud Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2012, 08:22 PM
    I agree with what everyone else is saying. U don't even know the guy. If he really liked you he probably would have messaged u back and said something about it. U should move on, maybe if u do hell get the courage to say something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck! What do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been friends with this girl for a while and I just found out that she feels comfortable around me like she has never felt before. She has a b/f. She has made it pretty clear that she wants to be with me... but the problem is my ex (by the way she is still in love with me) is her best...

Stuck between the two [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble with these two fine dudes.one of them I've known for 11 months and are in love and planning on getting married.. andn ii have another one that I've known since my 7th grade year and he is super cute and I also love him.. they both don't know anything about each other but I think...

Stuck on someone else [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm a sixteen year old guy and I currently have a girlfriend and we are in a good relationship even thought she is two years younger than me. I also have an ex-girlfriend that is hanging out with me more and I still like her and she is 3 years younger than me.(don't judge she is cool) anyway I...

I'm Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Hilton Company’s stockholders’ equity includes 75,000 shares of $5 par value, 8% cumulative preferred stock and 200,000 shares of $1 par value common stock. Both classes of stock have been outstanding since the company’s inception. Hilton did not declare any dividends in the prior year, but it...

Stuck [ 11 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do any more. The man I live with is a drug addict, abusive and just plain cruel. I've tried the shelters but their full. Also, you have to have a police referral. But that's a joke. Every time they come out, they make him go downstairs. They took pictures of my face and neck...

View more questions Search