Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DRyanABI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 10:46 AM
    How do I file a bank levy in Texas (judgment on oral contract for services rendered)
    My company has a judgment for services rendered on an oral contract. The debtor is ignoring us. The court has informed me that we need an attorney to do this. How do I file for a bank levy to collect this debt and what are the fees?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
    You have to find his account, then apply to the court that issued the judgment for a writ of execution. This writ is then served on the bank that holds the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levy on bank account in Texas [ 18 Answers ]

One of my creditors called and informed me that they were going to sue me for the debt I have of 3,700. I don't work and they have informed me that is they sue and they get a default judgement on me that they can put a levy on my bank account of which my husbands income is directly deposited. I...

How do I find a bank account to levy on a debtor I have a judgment on? [ 23 Answers ]

I have a judgment on a debtor, I want to find the bank they do business at. What do I need to put in a letter to the banks, a "blind Levy letter" in order to find out if they do business there?

Texas bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas, will I be served with a writ of execution before my bank account is frozen for a debt, or will they just surprise me one day? Had a default judgment filed against me in Texas. Alleged debt is for $50,000. I make too much to file bankruptcy. My employer mandates direct deposit. What...

Levy on bank account after making payments on judgment [ 4 Answers ]

We had a lawsuit against our landlord in late January resulting in a judgment against us. We have made payments to the landlord since the judgment for two months now and sent payment as recently as last week and have receipt. I tried to use my account yesterday and all 3 accounts (personal,...

Judgment & Bank Account Levy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My bank account has been frozen by a collection agency/lawfirm that received a default judgment for $2,700. The original debt will be 10 years old this October. I will be going over to the Civil court and file a "Motion to vacate judgment" on the grounds I never received the court...

View more questions Search