Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bridgettedemir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 01:07 AM
    7 months old dog pees in the house at nighs
    We are having some problems with potty training. She knows she has to pee outside, but especially at nights when daddy comes home, she gets excited and drops a few . Then after 30 min or so I found that she pees on the couch or on her bed (a softer place). She knows she did something bad, she knows that I am upset and she scares. But she is still keep doing it. She is more scared now and pees more often, but with treats I could not have any success.. More she scares, more often she pees, if she doesn't scare she still pees.. I don't know how to handle with this? I need some help...
    pineapple82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Most puppy don't know how to control there bladder yet, my dog took about a year until she stopped peeing from excitement, and as for the couch, the fabric probubly feels like whatever she is training to pee on, (mainly soft surfaces). Does it live inside or outside?
    MelanieRay Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Just as human toddlers and children, dogs go through developemental phases..
    That (7-9 months) is about the age a dog becomes aware of his vulnerability, and begins to pee where the scent of his or her pee is covered by the master's, his protector.. they sense that the unknown 'boogieman' can find them by their scent, so disguise it by peeing on the bed or couch where the protector's scent is the strongest..

It will happen most after any stress, such as being scolded, left alone, or even after a nightmare..
    They do tend to outgrow the behavior as they mature, and gain more self confidence and security.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog pees in house just at night [ 1 Answers ]

Our female whippet is almost one and a half. She is out side most of the day whilst we at work. She loves her bed and blanket and sleeps in the laundry at night since she was a pup. For a good year almost she hasn't weed in there during night as we always make sure we watch her do one outside...

1 year old dog pees in the house [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is 1 year old he pee in the house pleace help

Dog pees in house [ 7 Answers ]

my dog z has lived here in my house for about 6 months never any problems , but my friend recently came over with her dog and as soon as her dog steped into my house z pissed in the corner ,I told him no never again but, ill be sitting at home with him and everything is fine , feed him , let him do...

Dog now pees in house [ 1 Answers ]

Over the winter holidays we left our 7 month old yellow lab at a kenneling facility in our area. We left her for two days one week and then 2 days again the next week. Upon bringing her home today, we immediately let her out in the yard to do her business as usual, whenever we come home from...

My dog pees in the house [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. I have a 6 month old puppy that has been really good with hourse training. About two weeks ago he started peeing in the house right after we bring him inside. I discipline him and put him right outside again, then he's usually fine... until the next day. At first I was worried that he might...

View more questions Search