Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diane783 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Remote doesn't work on Panasonic TV
    Remote suddenly stopped working on panasonic TV. Bought a new universal remote and went through trying to program the code by letting it find the codes. Either the programming didn't take, or the TV is not accepting signals from a remote. Is there a way I can tell what is broken?

It is possible that little hands helped get us into this situation- if there is a way to lock the set from responding to a remote, perhaps that was done to it??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Little hands in my house have even revversed the batteries. Check them! Also, most remotes have button that allow you to select TV, VCR, SAT, etc... Be sure to press TV then try the remote.
    diane783 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:51 AM
    I have checked the batteries and also replaced them. The red light shows up on the remote when I press a button so I assume that means it is sending some signal. We hit the TV button and even tried reprogramming it later in case it lost the codes. No help.

I see in the TV manual things to press on the TV panel if it gets locked out- action button and channel button at the same time and then action button and volume button at same time - stuff like that. So it made me wonder if it could be locked out from accepting a signal from the remote. That wasn't addressed in the instructions.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote got wet - won't work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I accidentally dropped the remote for my ceiling fan into a large cup of water. The fan and light were on at the time. Although I removed it immediately, the remote is not working and I can't shut the fan or the light off. I tried changing the battery, but it...

Ceil fan REMOTE won't work [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and had a licensed electrical contractor run new wiring to it and he installed the fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay remote. The fan worked for a day and then stopped working. The electrical contractor returned and installed a new remote (same kind). ...

Can't get remote ceiling fan to work [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with light a couple of months ago. We were replacing a fan that had been controlled by a dial on the wall. The first two receivers burnt out and I called in an electrician to tell me why - apparently the dial on the wall had been messing with the...

Fan Light remote doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

Our fan light remote worked good when electricians first installed it. Now it won't light and we can't figure out why? Apparently the electrician who installed the fixture threw away the directions to the remote operation without realizing it. It is a Hampton Bay product. We have the Hampton...

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search