Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nighthawk23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2004, 09:21 AM
    Formating drive
    :eek: I received a new laptop that did not have an operating system on it from my fathers company while trying to format it, it keeps getting to 73 percent of the format then it states not ready format terminated. When I was trying the start up disk it would do the same things but then come up with a partition error please help me.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 14, 2005, 08:47 AM
    Formating drive
    Try http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/boot_disks.htm and scroll down the page till you see Systems Tools heading.Read Delete Partitions Easily with DELPART,very carefully!
    Click-on the word Delpart,just underneath,and download the exe file.This will get rid of all partitons on your hard drive,so you can start afresh.
    I hope this helps.Bare in mind if you aim to install XP on the laptop,it will take up nearly 1gb for an install.Plus activation via Microsoft of course.If your not,then Windows 98 SE,or ME will be fine,as Microsoft are continuing support for it,after loads of customer complaints moaning that the 'plug' was going to be pulled last year.Maybe you will install Linux? :)
    All the best,
    Nez.

Xtra Thought.

Er,not ME.It's hopeless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formating disc [ 7 Answers ]

I have win 98se.installed. Iwant to format my hard disc. Iwant to make three partitions. Pls explain in detail the steps for formating and installing window xp. Thanks

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Formating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell 4600.. I need to reformat it,, I have all the disk,, but can't seem to get it started... any know:cool:

Formating problems [ 8 Answers ]

My son has an old 300 computer with window's 98 it wasn't working very well and thought a reformat clean it out and get it back to running smoothly. He created a boot disk and cleaned the hard drive. When he went to boot up the computer with the boot disk he get's the message "invalid system disk"...

Formating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is probably a very simple question but anyway... I've decided to reformat the hard disk but before I do that I need to back up the files, right? What is the safest way of backing up? Saving all the files on a CD? Storing them somewhere on the computer? And what do I actually need to back...

View more questions Search